The Worship Pastor position at FBC Dallas is suited for the man who is excited about building a dynamic music and worship environment. The Church has great talent and needs someone to organize and release them to use God's gifts to the best of their ability.
This position is not a walk in, cookie cutter ministry. It requires vision and ingenuity with the passion to lead in the worship of God.
The Worship Pastor is responsible to:
- walk daily as a disciple of Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father.
- communicate his faith through our commandment of evangelism.
- have a team mentality in assisting other ministries as needed.
- lead the people into worship inside corporate worship.
- develop the talents of voice and instruments.
- have a plan to utilize voice and instruments to the greatest of their abilities.
- think outside the box to keep worship fresh.
- have the people skills to lead in performance and develop strong personal relationships as well.
- work with all ages as a comprehensive music and arts ministry is formed.
- keep scheduled office hours and attend staff appointments and scheduled worship times.
- work well with the Senior Pastor, humbling himself to his leadership, helping cast his vision for the church.
- develop and work within a budget, being a steward of God's blessings.
- schedule and lead all music training, camps, etc.
FBC Dallas is a 160 year old church living in a growing Metro-Atlanta area. The challenge is how to reach a relatively new culture that has invaded Paulding County. The church is blended in style and believes Sunday Worship is for the Church, but understands
has to be relevant enough for the seekers to relate. So the Worship Pastor must be updated with new music that can move the church in worship and at the same time apply the great hymns with vitality and excellence.