The Haiti Base Manager is responsible to promote the success of base life, base activities, and base operations for both national and international staff. These activities include the management of kitchen, laundry, and grounds staff as well as
daily functions of base.
• Provide management of food service including staff • Manage sources and purchase food and water for base use
• Provide hospitable environment for staff and guests
• Develop and manage base grounds staff
• Oversee the daily maintenance of living, laundry, and sanitation facilities
• Manage housing/stay assignments
• Develop and manage laundry staff
• Provide Training of staff as needed
• Assess and recommend base and food service improvements
• Work closely with the Country Director to determine appropriate solutions to staffing and program needs in area of responsibility.
• Ensure efficient use of funding and accurate financial reporting
• Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ • Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. International disaster relief background strongly encouraged
2. Excellent planning and organizational skills
3. Above average communication skills – English verbal and written
4. Networking and team building skills will be required
5. Flexibility and adaptability
6. Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
7. Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
8. Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
9. Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
10. Proven management and leadership experience.
11. Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
12. Must maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location; Experience working in Haitian contexts; Bachelors degree in a relevant field desirable; French/Creole language skills a plus. Water, sanitation,
construction, livelihood or other sector specific experience a plus. Twelve-credit hours of college-level biblical studies preferred.
Unable to accommodate children at this location
Mission Statement: Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who
are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Distinct Objectives: The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
TO APPLY: Complete employment application thru posting for the position on our website at