You will never find a job posting like this one . . .
Our Mission : To Minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last , and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health services, and independent
living communities. Our newly opened Case Manager position at the Orange County Rescue Mission's fully operation ranch in Warner Springs is a unique opportunity for a qualified counselor with CADAC or RAS who is mature in their walk with Christ. We are looking
for a male Case Manager to work with men through our biblically based program. You must have experience working with men in a social rehab/recovery setting. The ranch is located in Warner Springs, CA. You must be able to commute within a short distance
or be willing to live on-site. All prospective applicants must complete our Job Application, which includes a statement of faith. For more information, please visit our website at www.RescueMission.org.
Please read through the job description carefully. If you feel called to apply, please do so with a joyful heart. Thank you.
Reports To: Director of Village of Hope, Director and/or Chief Program Officer (depending on assigned work location)
Position Status: Full Time Regular (Non-traditional work week)
Date: May 2013
Position Summary: Assist students towards self-sufficiency through accountability, mentoring, instruction, and coordination of services.
Case Manager Level
CORE Performance Expectations
Ministry and Outcome Goals: Students understand what is expected of them; Students experience a seamless system of care; Students become self-sufficient and thriving; and students, volunteers, and staff, are safe.
- Adhere to the Mission and Values statements. Infuse the Wild at Heart and Captivating ministry messages into ministry services.
- Insure that all students and guests adhere to all rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform the 12 Core Functions of Counseling and Case Management.
- Deliver support services and programs as needed to successfully accomplish the student self-sufficiency metrics.
- Provide and maintain secure data collection.
Facilities, Assets and Equipment Goals: Strong stewardship of donated resources; Provide ready access to needed resources; Minimize waste of resources; and students, volunteers, and staff, are safe.
- Contribute to the maintaining of high levels of utilization of assets, equipment and 90% occupancy of facilities.
- Contribute to being current with the maintenance schedule and plan.
- Contribute to the maintaining of accurate and appropriate levels of supplies and resources.
- Carryout regular health and safety inspections.
Financial and Human Resources Goals: Maintain a high performance level; Staff members fully understand what expectations are placed on them; Maintain and comply with all government and industry standards; Optimize internal and external relationships;
Achieve or exceed income forecasts; Reduce expenses without sacrificing ministry outcomes.
- Contribute to the provision of staff and volunteer supervision including training and coaching.
- Contribute towards expense reduction and budget management.
- Be aware of and contribute towards fiscal year income fund raising goals.
- Be aware of and contribute towards friend raising and relationship building internally and externally.
Other Applicable Responsibilities
- Assist studentsthrough biblical counsel, listening, prayer and in completing their Individualized Plan which may include resolving scheduling, relational, and programmatic conflicts, family reunification and parenting programs.
- Adhere to all program criteria and utilize electronic reporting system to track progress and plan deviations.
- Maintain up to date records and keep all student paperwork orderly and properly filed
- Protect student privacy and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate fully in implementing program changes and directives from management
- Assure quality and coordination of services, assess and monitor progress of individual students, challenges, record keeping, and chart audits
- Conduct screening and referral evaluation interviews with residential candidates including performing orientation appointments with new students.
- Oversee student intakes and exits.
- Meets weekly with each assigned student to assess progress and provide case management counsel.
- Administer and approve passes and phone calls for students according to guidelines.
- Provide appropriate disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from program as needed.
- Meet and communicate weekly with the direct supervisor regarding current implementation, further program refinements, staff and facility status, budgetary issues, and submission of monthly statistics
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed workplace
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting. Christian Association of Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC) or Registered Addictions Specialist (RAS)
- Supervisory experience with the ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis.
- Good working knowledge of the Bible.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, understanding and skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Maintain membership in good standing status at a local Bible-believing church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- Regular timely attendance.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24x7. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to
50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason
even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team
above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; Supports
affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on
time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks
for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information
in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience in a related field such as in a social work/counseling environment or within a ministry setting. Christian Association of Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC) or Registered Addictions Specialist (RAS)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.