This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Junior Database Administrator
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/22/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Do you want a job where you know you will make an awesome impact for all eternity? Did you know that there are millions of people in more than 2,700 language groups who are still waiting for the Bible to be translated into their mother tongues?
As a database administrator at the Wycliffe USA headquarters in Orlando, Florida, you will facilitate the work of Bible translation by assisting the senior database administrator in providing technical expertise and maintenance of Oracle database systems that support enterprise applications. To qualify for this position, you must have a Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university and one year of relational database administration experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You must also have a knowledge of SQL coding.
ADDITIONAL HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS:
Proficiency in UNIX and Windows systems, applications, procedures, and techniques. Experience with Oracle 10g environment, iPortal, and HTML/DB products.
Here at Wycliffe we welcome your partnership and hope that through it we will be able to see Bible translation in progress in every language that needs it by the year 2025! Contact us today!
To provide the necessary technical support for database management systems and related support systems. The scope and limits of authority for this role lies within the boundaries of database servers, data dictionary, data views, data security management
Provide support for database management systems by installing database servers and maintaining database servers, data dictionaries and data views. Monitor data security and ensure integrity of these systems. Ensures data integrity through maintenance of system functions. Work with the end users to find solutions appropriate to their database needs and requirements.
MOUS Office Expert Certification or MS Apps Levels I, II or III. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) Certification recommended. Minimum two years experience in software development.
1. Has a servant heart, is a patient person, and is able to train others.
2. The ability to design and maintain the physical and logical data base management systems.
3. Has the ability to understand the perspective of the user and how to provide him with an appropriate solution to his database needs.
4. A thorough understanding of DBMS, Data dictionaries, DDL., SQL Server, and NT Server.
5. A thorough understanding of Active Data Objects and SQL system development.
6. A thorough understanding of database performance and security issues.
7. Has a working knowledge of the DOS and Windows 3.1, 9X, 2000Pro systems.
9. Has a working knowledge of WinWord, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and FrontPage.