This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/21/2009
Categories: Contractor & Other Trades
Job Type: Full-Time
Do you want a job where you know you will make an awesome impact for all eternity? Did you know that there are millions of people in more than 2,700 language groups who are still waiting for the Bible to be translated into their mother tongues?
As the telecommunications manager at the Wycliffe USA headquarters in Orlando, Florida, you will facilitate the work of Bible translation by leading the design, configuration, testing, implementation, and maintenance of voice communications networks, switching equipment, cellular services, and related systems.
To qualify for this position, you must have a Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university and two years of telecommunications experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To provide the necessary technical support for center network servers and related equipment to ensure that the center computers, printers and other connected equipment are operating with a minimum of downtime. To maintain Internet Connectivity and messaging systems. The scope and limits of authority for this role lies within the boundaries of servers, network and PC system level support as assigned by the Systems and Software Manager.
Manages the operation and system configuration of a local area network by overseeing network resources, ensuring network security, performing regular backup and maintenance routines, recovering data when necessary, and installing and configuring new equipment and system upgrades. Evaluates existing software and hardware and makes recommendations in order to meet organization needs. Responsible for the installation and maintenance of servers, maintenance of Internet connectivity, maintenance of printer and network supply inventory, and maintenance of system email servers.
MCP + Internet Certified recommended. Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE) Certification recommended. MOUS Office Expert Certification or MS Apps Levels I, II & III.
1. Has a servant heart attitude.
2. The ability to design and maintain the network physical plant (routers, switches, and hubs) and work with 10 base T, 100 base T and fiber optic cable distribution systems.
3. The ability to teach others the Networking and other related technologies.
4. The ability to administer relevant email systems as well as other network-based systems.
5. Has the ability to understand the perspective of the user and how to provide him with an appropriate solution to his computer need.
6. A thorough understanding of Windows 95-2000, Microsoft Networking and NT Administration.
7. A thorough understanding of Internet access servers, and Proxy servers.
8. A working knowledge of different computer hardware components and ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
9. A thorough understanding of network security issues.
10. Has a working knowledge of WinWord, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.