This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/21/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Do you want a job where you know you will make an awesome impact for all eternity? Did you know that there are millions of people in more than 2,700 language groups who are still waiting for the Bible to be translated into their mother tongues? Many have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ! Then consider using your IT Skills to expedite Bible translation for them as a database administrator using Oracle DBMS, DDL, SQL, and Unix OS. In this position, you will provide technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational database management systems that support enterprise applications.
To qualify for this position, you must have a Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training in database administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also, you must have the ability to design and maintain physical and logical database management systems. Here at Wycliffe we welcome your partnership and hope that through it we will be able to see Bible translation in progress in every language that needs it by the year 2025! This is possible with the aid of information technology. Without it, it is estimated that it will take 150 years to begin Bible translation in every language that needs it. Become a part of this eternally-significant work!
To provide the necessary technical support for database management systems and related support systems. The scope and limits of authority for this role lies within the boundaries of database servers, data dictionary, data views, data security management
Provide support for database management systems by installing database servers and maintaining database servers, data dictionaries and data views. Monitor data security and ensure integrity of these systems. Ensures data integrity through maintenance of system functions. Work with the end users to find solutions appropriate to their database needs and requirements.
MOUS Office Expert Certification or MS Apps Levels I, II or III. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) Certification recommended. Minimum two years experience in software development.
1. Has a servant heart, is a patient person, and is able to train others.
2. The ability to design and maintain the physical and logical data base management systems.
3. Has the ability to understand the perspective of the user and how to provide him with an appropriate solution to his database needs.
4. A thorough understanding of DBMS, Data dictionaries, DDL., SQL Server, and NT Server.
5. A thorough understanding of Active Data Objects and SQL system development.
6. A thorough understanding of database performance and security issues.
7. Has a working knowledge of the DOS and Windows 3.1, 9X, 2000Pro systems.
9. Has a working knowledge of WinWord, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and FrontPage.