This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/21/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
To provide the necessary technical support for center network servers and related equipment to ensure that the center computers, printers and other connected equipment are operating with a minimum of downtime. To maintain Internet Connectivity and messaging systems. The scope and limits of authority for this role lies within the boundaries of servers, network and PC system level support as assigned by the Systems and Software Manager.
Manages the operation and system configuration of a local area network by overseeing network resources, ensuring network security, performing regular backup and maintenance routines, recovering data when necessary, and installing and configuring new equipment and system upgrades. Evaluates existing software and hardware and makes recommendations in order to meet organization needs. Responsible for the installation and maintenance of servers, maintenance of Internet connectivity, maintenance of printer and network supply inventory, and maintenance of system email servers.
1. Has a servant heart attitude.
2. The ability to design and maintain the network physical plant (routers, switches, and hubs) and work with 10 base T, 100 base T and fiber optic cable distribution systems.
3. The ability to teach others the Networking and other related technologies.
4. The ability to administer relevant email systems as well as other network-based systems.
5. Has the ability to understand the perspective of the user and how to provide him with an appropriate solution to his computer need.
6. A thorough understanding of Windows 95-2000, Microsoft Networking and NT Administration.
7. A thorough understanding of Internet access servers, and Proxy servers.
8. A working knowledge of different computer hardware components and ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
9. A thorough understanding of network security issues.
10. Has a working knowledge of WinWord, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.