COMMUNICATIONS & COMMUNITY MANAGER
- Full-time position
- Begin immediately
- $50,000 - $65,000 DOE
- Health plan
- Retirement plan
- Flexible office/hours
- Paid vacation
- Prefer Seattle/Edmonds location (will provide moving $ assistance)
- Will consider remote location for highly qualified candidates
visionSynergy plays a unique role in the worldwide Christian movement as one of the few mission service organizations specifically dedicated to advancing ministry collaboration. visionSynergy empowers Christian organizations to work together for maximum
impact by developing and strengthening strategic ministry networks and partnerships in critical areas of world mission.
The core of our work is providing advisory services for numerous multi-lateral networks and partnerships of Christian mission organizations. We act as a catalyst, coach, and consultant – encouraging these groups to accomplish together what they could never
do alone as they seek to advance the Gospel in every part of the world where Christ is not yet known. In addition to our advisory services, we provide a variety of tools & training to equip leaders within the specific networks we serve as well as the broader
Christian community. As a global advocate for collaboration, we encourage Christian leaders everywhere to adopt a partnership approach to ministry in their own contexts.
visionSynergy is a small team with a wide range of skills and experiences. We have lived, worked, and traveled in numerous countries. Members of our team have formed, facilitated, or advised more than hundred large-scale collaborative initiatives over the
past 30 years. We currently advise nearly twenty missional networks and partnerships which collectively involve more than 2000 Christian organizations around the world. We also work together to deliver dozens of online and onsite equipping activities and events
throughout the year including a semi-annual international conference, keynotes, webinars, workshops, courses, and more.
visionSynergy is supported by a generous group of financial investors who appreciate the leveraged power of collaboration. The majority of our funding comes through large grants from Christian foundations and high-capacity individuals. visionSynergy is a
healthy organization with strong supporters, a proven track record, and an engaged and energetic board of directors who provide oversight and strategic direction for the ministry.
For more info: visionsynergy.net
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking to grow our core team through the addition of a multi-faceted professional who will serve as our Communications & Community Manager. Like all members of our team, this individual will have primary areas of responsibility, but will also work
with the team on a wide variety of other projects and programs.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
The Communications & Community Manager will have primary oversight or supporting responsibilities in the following seven areas. Some activities will be the exclusive responsibility of the CCM. Most activities involve working together with other members of
Primary hands-on responsibility for all our email newsletters, email campaigns, and other online communications. Manage contact and subscriber lists. Create content. Implement campaigns. Track and report analytics. Serve as primary admin for GetResponse
- our current email marketing service provider.
- 2x monthly organizational newsletter
- Commons community newsletter
- Higher ed focus newsletter
- Summit conference newsletter
- Email announcements, autoresponders, and other campaigns
Social network & Social media channels
Primary responsibility for all our social network accounts, social media channels, and organizational blog. Launch new channels. Expand current channels. Syndicate/cross-promote content across channels. Work with team to source/create content. Maintain
consistent flow of posts and updates. Grow subscriber/follower numbers and engagement. Track and report analytics across all channels.
- Social network channels: Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Social media channels: Youtube, Slideshare, Prezi, etc.
- Social content curation channels: Pinterest, Scoop.it, Storify, Paper.li, Diigo, etc.
- Other web presence: Wikipedia, online association listings, etc.
- Organizational blog at visionsynergy.net
Primary responsibility as community manager for synergycommons.net learning community. Post new content to resource library. Manage online training events. Manage and moderate groups, forums, comments, and other community activity. Engage and support new
community members. Conduct member surveys. Propose ways to improve the site and increase member engagement. Track and report member participation analytics.
- Work with team to grow and improve the synergycommons.net resource library, training center, and community features
- Engage online community members and serve as the “voice” of the community on the team
Supporting responsibilities in the design, development, and ongoing management of multiple sites including our organizational site (visionsynergy.net), our online learning community (synergycommons.net), and multiple micro-sites. Depending on specific skill-sets,
supporting contributions may include content creation, graphic design, site development, site monitoring & backend management, etc. Track and report analytics across all sites. Serve as primary admin for Google Analytics service. Work with contract developers/designers
- Maintain content & site updates for visionsynergy.net
- Maintain content & site updates for synergycommons.net
- Launch/maintain at least two special purpose micro-sites including a book site and a course site
Supporting responsibilities for the design and development of online and onsite training events and programs. Work with team in design and implementation of new online training programs including online courses, webinar series, bookclub series, etc. Manage
online training events including promotion, registration, and webinar platform (Adobe Connect). Coordinate with presenters or other content creators. Work with team in production of semi-annual Synergy Summit conference. Depending on specific skill-sets, other
supporting contributions may include content creation, graphic design, video production, webinar & workshop delivery, etc. Track and report participant analytics for all training events.
- Online, self-guided course series
- Webinar series (6x-8x/year)
- Bookclub series (6x-8x/year)
- Q&A forums
- Keynotes, workshops, and other customized training
- Summit conference
Supporting responsibilities for creative production including graphic design, presentation design, and video production. Depending on skill-sets, supporting contributions may include creative design/production for print projects, websites, keynote presentations,
webinars, screencasts, videos, etc. Work with contract designers as needed.
Advising & Administrative
All program staff work together in supporting responsibilities for assisting senior advisors as needed on various advisory engagements. Depending on specific skill-sets, supporting contributions may include face-to-face or teleconference consultations,
strategy & planning documents, research, international travel, meeting facilitation, webinar/workshop presentation, etc. All program staff also meet together periodically for organizational planning, program review, etc.
- Assist senior advisors as needed on various advisory engagements
- Work with team to develop organizational plans, review programs, etc.
- Assist as needed in financial grant proposals and reports
- Assist in recruiting interns, working with outsourced contractors, and onboarding/orienting new staff
The ideal candidate for this position can demonstrate strengths in the following five areas of qualification.
Essential character & background
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Passion for world mission
- Belief in the importance of ministry collaboration
- Virtues of humility, generosity, integrity, and perseverance
- Qualities of intelligence, initiative, and curiosity
- International background or strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Positive character & professional references
- Strong team player
Project management, online collaboration, & productivity skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to identify and manage outsource contractors
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience using multiple online communication/collaboration tools (e.g. Dropbox, videoconferencing, chat, etc.).
- Specific experience using Google Apps a definite bonus (e.g. creating, sharing, and collaborating on a document with a group).
Community management / social media / online communications skills
- Breadth of hands-on social network/media experience
- Experience as a participant or presenter in discussion forums, webinars, video conferences, chat rooms, online courses, and other online learning events/community
- Familiarity with concepts and tools for web content creation and promotion: blogging, podcasts, screencasts, embedding, shortlinks, RSS, SEO, traffic analytics, content curation, etc.
- Experience producing e-newsletters & email campaigns
- Specific experience with GetResponse email platform a definite bonus
- Strong writing skills for web content
- Experience with graphic design and image/video editing
- Experience producing presentations, webinars, workshops, courses, and other interactive learning content
- Specific experience with Adobe Connect webinar platform a definite bonus
- Experience with monitoring/reporting/interpreting Google Analytics data (or other web analytics applications)
- Experience with Wordpress, themes, and plug-ins
- Specific experience with Buddypress, bbPress, and Commons-in-a-box social community platform a definite bonus
The Communications & Community Manager will be a vital member of our team. Many of our most important new initiatives in the coming year will depend on the creative contributions of the CCM.
According to decades of organizational research by Gallup, the most significant factor in job satisfaction is the relationship people have with their direct supervisors. This position will report directly to Associate Director, Lucas King, and will involve
considerable interaction with other members of the team. Our desire as a team is to help new team members orient quickly and chart out a path for growth and advancement according to their interests and strengths.
Work at visionSynergy is extremely varied. We are a small team with many different projects and programs in process. The best candidates for this position will be comfortable in a work environment that requires constant learning, flexibility, proactivity,
and frequent interaction with various members of the team.
To learn more about the team, read the bios at: visionsynergy.net/leadership-team/
Application & Interview process
- Send a resume and personal introduction to Lucas King (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We will call first round candidates for an interview and check references.
- We will invite second round candidates to interview face-to-face with members of the team.
- We will ask the final candidate to make a 3-year commitment to the organization and we will make an offer depending on demonstrated skills and experience.
Shortlink to share this job description: goo.gl/M69qFa
610 Main Street, Suite B
Edmonds WA 98020