Child Evangelism Fellowship®
is a Bible-centered, worldwide organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, disciple them in the Word of God and establish them in a Bible believing church for Christian living.
For almost 70 years God has been using Child Evangelism Fellowship to bring the love of Jesus Christ to children around the world. The Word of God puts a high priority on children. They are near to God's heart and we believe that He is uniquely concerned about their spiritual welfare. Without the foundation of a relationship with God and training in Biblical principles for life they are unequipped to face what life will throw at them.
With workers in more than 150 countries around the world CEF has personal, individual ministry with more than 6 million children each year. God has given us a passion to not only bring children into a right relationship with God, but to disciple them in His Word and establish them in Bible teaching churches so that they can become mature in their faith. World Headquarters Positions:
The CEF World Headquarters is located about 50 miles west of St. Louis in Warrenton, Missouri. The staff at the CEF World Headquarters serves our missionaries by providing leadership, training, materials and other resources to help them reach children with the Gospel. As positions become open, we are seeking qualified people who are dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ and the Great Commission, believe in the importance of child evangelism, and want to be part of the Lord's work. Whether your background is in finance, management, administration, literature production, maintenance, or something else, this could be the opportunity God is opening for you to serve Him! Field Staff Positions:
God has chosen to use people to spread His Gospel to the children of the world. We are praying that God would send forth His choice of additional missionaries to minister to the children. There are critical needs for missionaries throughout the United States and around the world. The following are typical positions in which CEF missionaries serve. Our desire is to have our missionaries serve in positions that are a good fit for the way God has called, gifted and equipped them.
• Children's Ministry Specialist - Minister to children through Good News Club®, 5-Day Club® and other outreach.
• Ministry Coordinator - Establish, organize and encourage the club ministries within a local area, helping more unchurched children hear the Gospel.
• Camp Director - Lead a team of staff and volunteers to make a local Camp Good News® a life-changing experience for children.
• Local Director - Lead a team of staff and volunteers to make a lasting impact on the next generation in a local area.
• State Director - Lead and develop other CEF missionaries in a state, helping them fulfill God's call on their lives to reach children for Christ.
• Overseas Missionary - Take the Gospel to a country outside the U.S. Opportunities for overseas ministry are many and varied. More detailed information is available. Find Out More:
There are several ways to pursue full-time ministry with CEF. The Ministry Staffing Program offers a streamlined process for hiring, ministry preparation and missionary placement for our new field missionaries. Click here to find out how you can get involved with the at Hyperlink: Ministry Staffing Program
Both part-time and full-time ministry employment may also be pursued with the CEF representative in your local or state chapter. Click here to find Hyperlink: your local chapter
. Employment with Child Evangelism Fellowship
Are you interested in full-time ministry opportunities with the world's largest children's ministry? Positions are available for those whom God is calling to be a part of bringing the Gospel to children both in the USA and worldwide. Be sure to check out the Hyperlink: ministry job postings
to see critical employment needs near you .
We are grateful for our staff & volunteers, men and women, boys and girls who have contributed greatly to our ministry. Whatever the ministry, staff & volunteers are a part of the team, many serving faithfully for a number of years. Without our staff & volunteers, we would not be able to accomplish as much as we have. We praise God for them… Child Evangelism Fellowship is a non-profit, charity organization who does not offer a salary for positions. These are SELF FUNDED positions.Child Evangelism Fellowship is currently looking to fill the position for a Local Director in Nashville, Tennessee
The local director, is responsible for:
fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship
executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of the local committee and state board
overseeing all ministry within the local chapter
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
a daily walk with God
The person hired for this position will begin with the title of missionary candidate until all ministry preparation is complete. The candidate will enroll in the Ministry Staffing Program (MSP) so he/she can become fully supported, fully equipped and fully trained for full-time ministry with Child Evangelism Fellowship. There are special funds designated to assist the new missionary candidate as he/she goes through the process of becoming fully supported.
The first assignment of the new candidate will be attending the first available missionary candidate school (two weeks). Then, the candidate will continue in his/her current job until 15% of the budget is raised (approximately $800/month).
Once the candidate reaches 15% of the budget, he/she will begin working for CEF full-time and begin receiving a full-time salary through CEF. The first four months will be completely focused on raising personal support. The candidate will be expected to have at least eight support raising appointments every week, and gain 5% ($265/month) more every month.
Starting in the fifth month, after the candidate has raised 35% of his/her support, the candidate will begin spending half the time ministering in the local chapter and half the time continuing raising support. The candidate will be expected to have at least four support raising appointments every week and gain 2.5% ($135/month) of the budget more every month. With this model, the candidate will have raised 100% of the budget 30 months after beginning full-time ministry with CEF.
If the candidate has not yet attended the Childrens Ministries Institute at the time of hire, he/she will also need to complete all 12 weeks of this training. The candidate will be able to attend select modules interspersed during the first 30 months in such a way that it does not take away from focused support-raising. The remainder of CMI will be completed once the candidate has raised 100% of the budget.
A field internship is also required for all new CEF missionary candidates. Starting in month five, the state director will work closely with the candidate to complete the USA Ministries internship checklist.
Once all ministry preparation steps are successfully completed, so that the candidate is fully supported, fully equipped and fully trained, the candidate will be given the title of local director and begin devoting his/her full energy to the following ministry responsibilities:
1. Is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective process for individuals to pray knowledgeably for the outreach of CEF to the children in the local chapter.
2. Aggressively pursues primary ministries that fulfill the full purpose of CEF through continual promotion within the sphere of his/her influence.
3. Has direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
4. Is responsible to promote the Christian Youth in Action (CYIA) ministry by recruiting summer missionaries and seeking to use them year round.
5. Oversees all CEF related ministries in the local chapter.
6. Promotes further opportunities to serve-- Urban Summer Missions, Overseas Summer Missions, Good News Across America, etc.
7. Participates in the CYIA program as assigned by the state director.
1. Alongside the local committee, develops and effectively communicates the vision and written strategic plan for the evangelization and discipleship of all the children within the local chapter and oversees the implementation of that plan.
2. Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached cities, towns, and neighborhoods within the local chapter.
3. Recruits people to do the work of the ministry (both paid and volunteer).
4. Meets regularly with the paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel and direction.
5. Aids the paid and volunteer staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
6. Encourages the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities available.
7. Works with the local committee to raise sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
8. Follows the policies and procedures of the state and national organizations and sees that all staff and volunteers are adhering to the policies.
9. Does routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
10. Works with paid staff and volunteers helping them in leadership development skills.
11. Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform the job well.
1. Actively promotes the ministry of CEF within the local chapter through church and individual presentations, newsletter, etc.
2. Works with the budget committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee.
3. Submits the budget of the local chapter to the state director for state board approval.
4. Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
5. Sends out thank you notes and ensures that receipts are mailed in a timely manner.
6. Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with the state director and local committee.
7. Attends all local directors meetings sponsored by the state office.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the committee and/or state director.
The preceding examples are representative of the assignments performed by this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.If you are interested in applying, you can begin now by filling out our online employment application.
Any questions call: Cindy Schwada at 1-800-300-4033 x1315