Music. Worship. Environment. Technology. Teamwork.
Resurrection, a large, dynamic worship community in beautiful Lakeland, Florida is looking for a team member in the position of Director of Music (FT). Responsible for facilitating music and interactive ministry for all weekend and seasonal Masses as well as weddings, funerals, special events and school events as needed. Requirements: extensive knowledge of Catholic liturgy and traditions – or enthusiastic willingness to learn, degree or equivalent in Music or related field, mastery of accompaniment and choral conduction, experience in instrumentation and music composition, knowledge of various styles of church music - both traditional and contemporary, ability to use various forms of multimedia to accent services, ability to recruit, train and enthusiastically support all music ministers, desire to work as a part of an energetic, spirit-filled pastoral team!
The Director of Music ensures the highest quality music at the Liturgy that draws people to full, active and conscious participation. The Director has primary responsibility for planning and developing the music and interactive ministries of the Church, as well as coordinating with the school music program.
CHARACTER AND NATURE OF POSITION
The Director is an expert in music ministry and has overall responsibility for all cantors, choirs, ensembles, instrumentalists, and other related areas.
The Director assures that all involved in music ministry realize their maximum potential through effective leadership and training.
The Director participates in planning and leading music and interactive media at the Liturgy. He/she enjoys working with all age groups, respecting and fostering the diversity in musical styles.
The Director should be enthusiastic, creative, a good communicator, and enjoy working in a team environment.
The Director maintains an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation with priests, deacons, all parish and school staff, the Diocese and parishioners.
- Facilitate the music for all parish liturgies, including weekend and seasonal Masses, as well as weddings and funerals as needed
- Recruit, train and enthusiastically support all music ministers
- Continually research, develop and master new music
- Oversee the parish’s Interactive Ministry using computer technology
- Prepare recommendations for annual music ministry budget
- Oversee the purchase of new music and musical instruments
- Maintain sound equipment, musical instruments, i.e., organ, piano, and schedule any repairs or regular maintenance
- Organize and maintain music files, subscriptions, licenses, etc.
- Attend regular parish team meetings
- Coordinate music events such as choral and instrumental concerts, and assist with school music and drama events as needed
- Be very familiar with Catholic liturgy and traditions
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or its equivalent in music or a related field
- Have at least three years of music ministry experience in a church environment
- Be an accomplished accompanist and choral conductor with experience in instrumentation and music composition
- Be familiar with media technology and visual communication production, be able to use technology to enhance the worship experience
- Speak English and preferably Spanish
- Have a desire to work as a part of an energetic, spirit-filled pastoral team
The Director of Music is a full-time position, is a member of the pastoral team and reports to the pastor.
Send resume and letter of interest to:
Mr. Stephen Schaffer, Director of Operations
Church and School of the Resurrection
3855 South Florida Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33813
Phone Number: (863) 646-3556
Facsimile Number: (863) 644-8697
Entity Website: www.churchoftheres.net
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Director for Hispanic ministry--Alpha in a Catholic contextAlpha USA
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 29
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Worship LeaderPilgrim Church
- Port Charlotte, Florida
- September 14
Resurrection Catholic Church & School
Resurrection Catholic Church & School is a large, dynamic worship community located in central Florida with over 1800 parish families and 350 school children. Our mission is: Nourished by Word and Eucharist, we live to know, love and serve Jesus Christ, the Risen Lord! Our pastoral team works closely and collaboratively to bring this mission to life each day! More...