To serve the church by providing administrative and secretarial support to the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor. Associate Teaching Pastor.
Some of the primary duties include:
- Receive and screen incoming calls, taking clear messages and returning calls.
- Type materials, correspondence, articles and maintain up-to-date and well-organized files.
- Sort and open mail. Prepare responses to correspondence.
- Schedule appointments and speaking engagements for Lead Pastor, Associate Teaching Pastor, and Executive Pastor. .
- Make arrangements for meetings, including refreshments and meals upon request.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other correspondence or documents.
- Work closely with supervisors in developing new ideas and special projects.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Support administrative team as needed.
- Schedule events and meetings using calendaring program.
- Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the Leadership Team ministries of the church.
- Attend meetings with and for the supervisors, upon request.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.
- Cooperate with the supervisors by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: Associate's degree, Bachelors degree preferred; with minimum of four to five (4-5) years experience in a Administrative Assistant position or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet. Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Effective time management, organizational, leadership and multi-tasking skills. Must
be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information. Ability to order information and exhibit both deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org