Minnehaha Academy is a Prek – 12th grade Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America. Our mission is to provide a high quality education integrating Christian faith and learning.
Our school is recognized for its excellence in education and commitment to the whole student including academics, athletics and the arts. The Academy’s core values are that we are
Distinctively Christian and have Exceptional Academics while Cultivating Potential for each student
within a Caring Community. We are currently seeking a Principal to lead our Lower and Middle Schools with a student enrollment of 460.
The Lower and Middle School Principal reports to the School President and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The Principal will reflect high professional standards, integrity, and a commitment to excellence within a Christian independent school
Key responsibilities include effective communication with students, faculty, and parents and the development of positive relationships with all constituents; active participation in the overall leadership of the school including recruitment, admissions,
and retention of students; leadership and management of the school; and supervision, evaluation, and development of lower and middle faculty.
· Masters degree or higher and school administrative licensure
· Minimum of 5 years of school administrative experience
· Knowledgeable of lower and middle school characteristics and learning acquisition theories
· Commitment to lead educational initiatives based on education research
· Demonstrated leadership skills in guiding teaching and learning best practices and fostering a strong Christian educational environment
· Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills to effectively lead faculty and staff
· Strong communication skills to effectively connect with all constituents, including students, faculty, parents, Board members and administrative colleagues
· Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning and implementation of initiatives through collaborative leadership
· Strong knowledge and understanding of technology as a tool to support high quality teaching and learning
Application deadline: February 14, 2014
To apply for, or inquire about this Principal role, please send resume to and/or contact Bonnie Anderson using the contact information below.
In addition to your resume, please include a written response indicating how you would personally participate in achieving Minnehaha’s mission to “integrate Christian faith and learning” in this Principal role.
Director of Human Resources
3100 W. River Parkway
Mpls., MN 55406
612.729.8321 ext. 1222