Operations Manager/Station On-Air Personality
Salem Communications seeks a Full Time Operations Manager for our newest radio station in the Little Rock, Arkansas area. This individual will oversee all aspects of the on-air programming operations of our first station in this market. Reporting to the
General Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
- Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Communications policies.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
- Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice-tracking.
- Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of the station.
- Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
- Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, “tight,” on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of “dead air” or “audio collisions.”
- Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
- Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
- Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Work with sales staff on production of commercial “spots.”
- Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
- Work with station promotions director to maximize digital assets including websites; social media presence; and other emerging technologies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management
- Knowledge of digital automation systems (NextGen knowledge and experience a plus).
- Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.) Experience in creating graphics for web (i.e. use of Photoshop, etc.) would be a real plus as we utilize more internet graphics.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity.
- Ability to understand and program to the conservative and evangelical listening audience.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
- Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a “streamlined” operation.
- Have the ability to successfully expand oversight to additional stations that may be added to the market cluster.
TO APPLY: If you possess these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you,
please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (805) 383-4353.
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.