Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? We need career professionals!
: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at:
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees in the following areas:
- culinary chefs,
- law, and
- digital music creation.
If you have a heart for traveling, mentoring students and touching lives in China! We provide one of the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreign faculty.
We are hiring 20 New Career Professional Teachers
& 30 Conversational English Teachers
for August 2014 to June 2015 School Year at SIU (see Pictures of the SIU Campus):
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2014 (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer):
In July we have a 3-week Long-term Impact Training (LIT)
experience to help you prepare for mentoring and impacting the Chinese culture. Download the LIT brochure to get more info about this optional training:
Approximately 55 of our 122 foreign faculty teach Oral English
classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these
classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children. Learn more:
We offer a variety of academic courses, briefly outlined here:
. These courses are offered through the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business.
prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for
preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or
work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We are looking to hire 10 qualified Business background teachers. Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Higher salary for higher degrees.
See full list of openings here:
and our Mailing List:
FAQ: the best place to go to get a question answered or ask a question!
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
We will interview between January to March. Early applicants will have more opportunities presented to them.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Aaron at 209-877-7427