Africa Renewal Ministries-USA (“ARM-USA”) is seeking its next Executive Director who will provide dynamic leadership in positioning and guiding ARM-USA to effectively provide advocacy and develop financial support for the work of its sister organization,
Africa Renewal Ministries-Uganda (“ARM-Uganda”). The new Executive Director-USA will do so through identifying, organizing, and mobilizing a wide variety of resources, donors and other stakeholders to create and implement resource development and ministry-awareness
programs and initiatives throughout the United States. Working closely with senior leadership of ARM-Uganda, the new Executive Director will require systems and processes to be in place which will provide the highest levels of integrity and accountability
for donor funds received.
The new Executive Director will have a passion for and commitment to ARM’s mission and have a deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ. This person will possess the highest integrity both professionally and personally, providing leadership to US Board, staff,
donors, and other key stakeholders to ensure that best practices are followed in all areas including development and implementation of the USA strategy, organizational leadership, and resource development/fundraising. In addition, a key role will be in developing
and nurturing productive, meaningful communications with ARM-Uganda leadership. S/He will lead the effort to expand the reach of ARM-USA today while enhancing its position for the future through strengthening programs, relationships, and identifying new resource
development (funding) sources.
THE ROLE & POSITION
Reporting to the US Board of Directors (the “Board”), the US Executive Director will provide leadership and guidance in the development and implementation of plans, programs, and initiatives to meet the goals and objectives as defined by the Board. As such,
the incoming Executive Director will coordinate and oversee all donor and partner activities in the US, prepare and execute a resource development plan, and provide administrative oversight for all ARM-USA activities. S/He will develop and implement plans
to achieve resource development goals through identifying and cultivating current and potential donors to ensure sustainability and the ability to fund the Ministry today and in the future. S/He will place a special emphasis on developing a close relationship
with the President of ARM, who sits on both the USA and Ugandan Boards to ensure all activities are focused on achieving the vision and mission of the Ministry.
More specifically, the US Executive Director’s responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the primary contact between the ARM Board/staff and the ARM staff in Uganda
- Serve as the primary voice for the ministry responsible for all public relations
- Lead the Board and key staff through annual strategic ministry planning process
- Lead the US and International development effort:
- Produce and coordinate execution of Annual Development Plan
- Direct responsibility for fundraising initiatives as approved in the Annual Development Plan (Child Sponsorship, Choir, Events and Campaigns, and Short Term Missions)
- Management of donor support and sustainment activities
- Develop strategic partnerships with churches, missions organizations and corporations
- Provide oversight of short term reciprocal and vision mission activities:
- Recruit teams through strategic partnerships to conduct missions in support of ARM
- Continuously evaluate and improve mission infrastructure to promote sustained support
- Ensure mission experience is structured to ensure reciprocal value to “missions” partners
- Evaluate and hire staff as needed
- Provide Staff Oversight and Development:
- Manage all U.S. Administrative, Financial, Child Sponsorship and Program Staff
- Develop or strengthen Human Resource policies, procedures and benefits for all U.S. Staff
- Provide management of daily USA operations:
- Evaluate U.S. office needs/space and lease agreements
- Develop support structures and financial expectations for future field representatives and/or offices in the U.S.
- Coordinate Financial Management with CFO:
- Evaluate and oversee all ministry budgets
- Oversee U.S. Liaison to Uganda for financial communication and business development
- Coordinate budget preparation with U.S. Board of Directors
- Oversee monthly ARM payroll, and ARM bank accounts
- Other duties as determined by the Board of Directors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
The successful candidate will meet and/or exceed the following:
- Model a mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate such through a Christian lifestyle, living the values taught in the Scriptures.
- Possess the passion and commitment, in addition to, personal and spiritual integrity to promote ARM’s vision, mission, values, and Christian ethos.
- Demonstrated success in leading resource development and fundraising programs to promote sustained revenue growth to meet Ministry requirements.
- Demonstrated experience to effectively manage an organization administratively, operationally and financially with specific ability to manage and develop staff, implement effective communications, and manage financial processes to include budgeting, reporting
and cash management.
- Strong leadership skills in team building, utilizing persuasion, empowerment, and training skills
- Be a self-starter-a confident leader who can cast the vision and take the necessary actions to fulfill the vision. H/she should have a desire and ability to persuade, sell, and promote ideas and concepts to others.
- Possess a well-developed sensitivity and appreciation for other cultures to ensure the ability to interact effectively, developing relationships based on trust and communication.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing, Non-Profit Management or related discipline.
- Five years’ experience in the areas of non-profit fundraising, marketing, and/or sales preferred.
- This position will require a significant amount of cross-cultural interaction with Uganda leadership. A background in cross cultural training and experience is desirable.
- Have computer and contemporary technical skills.
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally with the Board, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Have computer and contemporary technical skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of time including international travel.
At present and due to the nature of the position with its work with donors and partners across the United States, the ARM-USA Executive Director may live in any US city in close proximity to a major airport due to the travel requirements of the position.
However, as the ministry continues to grow, it will become beneficial for the Executive Director to work on-site. At that time, s/he would be expected to reside in the city where the ministry is headquartered, currently San Antonio, Texas.
The Search and Selection Process
Keystone Consulting Services LLC, www.keystone-executive-search.com, has been commissioned by Africa Renewal Ministries-USA to conduct the search for their next Executive Director. The search consultant from Keystone had discussions with several members
of the US Board as well as traveling to Uganda to gain a broader perspective on ARM and the profile of the successful candidate.
The Search Committee, consisting of selected members of the Board of Directors and the ARM President, will be involved in all aspects of the search process including interviewing finalists and making a final recommendations. Candidates will be identified
through a number of sources and the Keystone consultants will review and evaluate all interested parties in the process of determining a final group for consideration.
The search will be conducted in a professional, consistent manner with a commitment to all potential candidates being afforded the same considerations by the search firm and the Client. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality
To apply or to obtain additional information, please go to http://www.keystone-executive-search.com/Browse_Jobs.html or contact Ron Infinger, Senior Executive Search Consultant, at email@example.com.