Executive Director of Development and Communications
The Salvation Army Metropolitan Divisional Headquarters Chicago, IL
Are you an accomplished executive in non-profit development and communications ready for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of the nation’s largest charitable organization?
We have an exceptional career opportunity available to lead the development and communications division for The Salvation Army Metropolitan Divisional Headquarters in Chicago.
This key leadership role plans, directs, coordinates, supervises, monitors and evaluates the day-to-day operations of all development functions for the Division including direct mail appeals, government and foundation grants, capital campaign process, media
relations and digital media, planned giving, major gifts, research, various advisory boards, and donor database administration. This position serves as a technical resource to the Divisional Commander and provides recommendations in all areas of community
relations and development. The incumbent will relate to and interact with a wide range of contacts both within and outside The Salvation Army; acting as a representative of the Army and an ambassador of its mission.
- Personally embrace and can express a clear understanding of the mission of The Salvation Army and displays a willingness and ability to communicate it.
- 7-10 years’ experience leading a large team of professionals including: coaching, mentoring. seeking input from team members, planning, and leading change.
- 7-10 years’ experience performing progressively effective development work at a key leadership level in a charitable organization, preferably a faith-based or social service agency.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university in Fund Development, Communications or a related field OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior experience leading major gifts, planned giving, PR, media relations, and major campaigns.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
To apply, please send resume and salary requirements to:
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V