Internal Audit Manager
This position reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the management, planning and execution of all internal audit activities. The position assists management and the Audit Committee
by objectively evaluating accounting and operational controls and procedures; testing compliance with company policies, GAAP, and SEC accounting requirements; and developing meaningful recommendations for improvements. Specific responsibilities include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Develop an annual audit plan;
- Perform enterprise risk assessments;
- Become thoroughly familiar with the company and its operations in order to identify the areas of the greatest risk or significance;
- Participate in audit activities in accordance with the annual internal audit plan and Sarbanes-Oxley internal control assessment;
- Investigate any allegations of fraud or financial wrongdoing;
- Communicate significant audit findings to the Audit Committee; and
- Complete projects and special requests as assigned.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- An understanding of business processes and information technology and their effect on financial statements;
- Capacity to analyze complex financial information and prepare audit reports;
- Critical decision making for audit focus, approach, recommendations and communications;
- Good project management skills to complete individual audits/projects and accomplish annual plan;
- Proven track record of successfully partnering with senior managers on financial and operational issues;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel); and
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting;
- Certified Public Accountant;
- A base knowledge of accounting, generally accepted accounting practices, generally accepted auditing standards, and internal controls; and
- A minimum of 7 years working in public accounting or in a public company environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits (including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, ten days of vacation and ten paid holidays) in a pleasant and professional environment.
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that you mention “Internal Audit Manager” in the subject line.