REGIONAL DIRECTOR (SOUTHEAST)
Title: Regional Director
Reports To: Director of US Field Staff
An employee in this position must be able to perform the essential job functions listed below with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability to enable the qualified individual to perform essential job functions.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the organization’s fundraising activities in an assigned geographic territory
- Promote and support a program of constituency development consistent with established performance standards
- Reach out to current major donors and prospective donors to establish and nurture a relationship with the organization, utilizing appropriate staff and resources
- Have a comfort level in praying with donors and talking about spiritual matters
- Understand and employ the cultivation model that includes identification, research, relationship building, asking, advocacy, prospecting/referrals, and upgrading donors
- Seek new partnerships through effective prospecting and networking
- Manage donor communication activities in a planned, consistent and timely manner
- Consistently document donor contact information in the Mission India Data Base
- Prepare annual donor cultivation plan and individual partner development plans
- Promote planned giving opportunities to current and potential donors
- Attend and promote special donor acquisition events
- Promote Ministry Vision trips to Major Donors and Prospects
- Travel to India as needed
- Develop and recommend creative and innovative fundraising methods to increase total fundraising results
- Comply with ECFA and AFP standards for ethics and accountability in fundraising
- Participate in training and learning opportunities to enhance direct fundraising skills
- Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS; 5 years experience in direct sales, fundraising or related activity
- Prior experience in a philanthropic or non-profit organization preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and values
- Must commit to maintaining a strong and healthy relationship with Jesus Christ
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to relate to the greater evangelical community in the USA and overseas
- Ability to adapt communication style to individuals from a variety of cultures, churches and backgrounds
- Ability to understand and effectively respond to donors’ concerns
- Ability to build positive relationships with current and potential donors
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to balance competing priorities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with team members and must be able to effectively communicate correct information with vendors.
- Read/comprehend, write, communicate orally, reasoning and analytical abilities, and mental flexibility.
- Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- Occasionally will move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above shoulder to access materials and/or documentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data.
- Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Position may involve extended work hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel 50% of the time. Possess a valid driver’s license and obtain a Passport for international travel.
Must currently reside in the Southeast region (Atlanta or Charlotte preferred).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Keystone Consulting Services LLC
A professional consulting group who concentrates on partnering with non-profits, particularly evangelical Christian missions, outreach, and academic/educational organizations providing resource development (fundraising), executive search, and grant development consulting services.More...