The Events Manager serves to book, plan, market, coordinate and manage all the logistics internally and externally to ensure that all Turning Point Events run smoothly and successfully for God’s glory. This position reports directly to the COO.
- 6-8 Rallies/Year
- Conduct research, make site visits, and search out resources to help Executive staff make decisions about venue possibilities.
- Suggest and implement creative ways to attract event registrants.
- Manage the marketing for the rallies. Ensuring regular communication with all radio stations per city, negotiate promotional contracts, scheduling interviews, supplying each city, church, station and arena with promotional materials, press releases and
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate decor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations
of Turning Point.
- Schedule master timeline, meeting with individual departments for all creative aspects for rallies (Web, Mailings, Emailings, Purchasing, Customer Service, Tech and Production).
- Serve as liason with vendors on event-related matters.
- Supervise and Manage completion of all projects within each department.
- Proof all creative, television and radio work as it relates to events.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to CFO for each event.
- Research and book flights, hotels and transportation for all staff attending the event.
- Communicate details to staff before and during the rally as well as oversee their return home.
- Coordinate and order catering: breakfast, lunch and dinner for all staff, tech and volunteers for the day of the rally.
- Manage product order and shipment per rally.
- Supervise/Manage actual rally onsite, day before, of and after each event. Ensure all staff gets to where they need to be and when, work closely with the house, manage book tables, backstage, Meet and Greets, doors, radio stations, Executive arrival/departure,
Donor involvement, volunteers, offering, post show, clean-up, shipment and getting staff home.
- Experience in planning/managing an event in a major venue or arena with multiple thousands in attendance.
- Have a strong understanding of event marketing.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Finely tuned organizational talents.
- Possess the gift of hospitality.
- Ability to maintain a good ‘face’ as a representative of Turning Point to all staff, hotel personnel, arena staff, radio personnel etc.
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Must work well under pressure and be flexible.
- Ownership of your role overseeing people, projects and fulfillment of timelines.
- Energetic, team-player.
- Looking for someone with a proven track record.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited institution in hospitality management, marketing or related field. Or degree in unrelated field and 5 years related experience.
- Position is full time in Turning Point’s international headquarters in Lakeside, CA.
- Must be a like-minded believer and share our passion to deliver the unchanging Word of God to an ever-changing world.
To apply please send your Christian testimony, resume, cover letter and salary history.