For nearly 30 years The Parable Group has helped independent stores buy, promote and sell products using data, technology and marketing expertise in the Christian market. The Parable Group is a leading retail services provider specializing in print and
digital marketing for independent Christian stores, and delivering innovative, industry-leading marketing solutions connecting products and services to Christian consumers. We are seeking a full-time staff accountant with the following qualifications.
Processes monthly and annual financial statements, analysis and related reconcilations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for multiple entities.
1. Preparation of monthly/annual financial statements for multiple entities including, but not limited to: preparation of adjusting journal entries, bank reconciliation, liability & asset reconciliation, accruals as needed, analysis of accounts to identify
variances in prior period comparisons, budgeted amounts or changes in numbers on a percentage basis.
2. Reconciliations to be executed in a timely manner as designated by supervisor and per current GAAP regulations with consideration of audit/review requirements.
3. Prepare allocations between entities on both a transaction basis and percentage basis as needed and provide additional information for proper assessment of policy and procedure on an ongoing basis.
4. Processing of Purchase orders acquiring proper approval for all transactions and maintaining PO's in the system for completion or follow up.
5. Communicate with vendors, customers and other Parable associates, and coordinate with offsite staff as needed.
6. Reconcile monthly credit card statements, including coding, collecting back up and follow up
7. Processing sales and use tax returns as needed for multiple entities.
8. Knowledge of I/C systems and ability to analyze inventory transactions for completeness and accuracy and assess value on ongoing basis.
9. Ability to create, update and maintain spreadsheets as needed for analysis, back up information, utilizing formulas, graphs, macros & pivot tables as needed
10. Prepare monthly closing information and year-end information as needed for tax preparation, reviews & audits
Perform various analysis of transactions and report discrepancies for further review
11. Able to assess, track and reconcile intercompany transactions and assess additional amounts such as processing and interest for such transactions
12. Maintain a secure and well-managed work environment.
13. Assist in other areas of accounting and special projects as designated by supervisor.
14. Provide input on Accounting department policy, procedure and organizational systems in order to increase efficiency of position, department and company, as well as effectiveness to staff, vendors and stores
15. Serve as backup payroll processor
16. Cross-train for other positions as needed.
Education: BS in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
Experience: 7-10 years full charge bookkeeping or general ledger experience, retail experience and multi-entity experience highly desired
Skills: Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving abilities, must be personable, dependable able to handle multiple tasks with deadlines. Must be computer literate with
excellent knowledge of accounting-related software including, but not limited to MS Excel, various accounting software, Internet, email and ability to learn new software