Qualifications: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at: www.academicsinasia.com
We are hiring 15 New Business Teachers & 30 Conversational English Teachers for August 2014 to June 2015 School Year at SIU (see Pictures of the SIU Campus): bit.ly/SIU-Campus
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2014 (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer): www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/
In July we have a 3-week Long-term Impact Training (LIT) experience to help you prepare for mentoring and impacting the Chinese culture. Download the LIT brochure to get more info about this optional training: http://www.academicsinasia.com/lit-longterm-impact-training/
Approximately 55 of our 132 foreign faculty teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children. Learn more: http://www.academicsinasia.com/oral-english/
We offer a variety of academic courses, briefly outlined here:
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We are looking to hire 10 qualified Business background teachers. Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Higher salary for higher degrees.
See full list of openings here: http://www.academicsinasia.com/academics/
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment:
(family housing apartments are larger, request pictues if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Three Free Western Meals Per Day: http://www.academicsinasia.com/food/
- Free Weekend Trips: http://www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips/
- Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during term)
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 3,500 - 4,900 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. (In 10 months its possible to save $2000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: http://www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save/
Watch: Intro Video
Join: Facebook Page
Read: Teacher Testimonials
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
Email email@example.com or Call Aaron at 209-877-7427
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
CounselorSeoul Foreign School
- Seoul, Not Assigned
- September 26
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Academics In Asia
Academics In Asia's goal is to help people find jobs in schools in Asia. We also want to help people come to Asia to learn language to do business. They also have a network of businesses in China run by Americans for those who know how to speak Chinese. Learn more at www.academicsinasia.comMore...