This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/04/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
The Instructional Designer will work with authors and subject matter experts (SMEs) in the development of new course material for Institute139. This individual will design and develop instructional material for training courses that support strategic institute objectives.
- Select and/or develop appropriate instructional strategies using multimedia and telecommunications technologies.
- Demonstrate and utilize effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Collaborate with supervisor to determine appropriate instructional goals and objectives.
- Independently develop entry- and advanced-level courses for cross-cultural audiences.
- Ensure that all information is consistent, easy to understand, and well organized.
- Proofread and edit own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation.
- Develop and meet action plans, timetables, benchmarks, and quantitative targets.
- Develop and establish solid working relationships with external and internal instructors.
- Evaluate and assess effectiveness and impact of curriculum and training.
- Consult with supervisor regarding the acquisition, development, and use of educational multimedia technology in support of curricular enhancement.