Job Posting Contact: Mary Bowers
Position Title: Summer Camp Director
Reports to: Michigan Camp Director
Status: Salaried, Full Time, Manager Level
Job Location: Evart, Michigan
- Commitment to the mission and ministry philosophy of SpringHill Camps.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pre-teen/teen culture and expertise in leading effective pre-teen/teen ministry
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- 5+ years experience in youth ministry, camp ministry, or similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- 5+ years experience of team leadership/supervisory experience
- Ability to travel within the Midwest region 3-6 weeks per year
- Responsible for planning and execution of summer camp for New Frontiers (Grades 6-9)
- Insure alignment of pre-teen/teen age programs with SpringHill’s mission, vision, and values
- Create new programs and help create new activities to remain relevant and reach more kids
- Plan and produce the camper curriculums each summer
- Establish and maintain relationships with select key constituents (parents, ministry leaders, donors)
- Recruit, interview, and hire summer staff
- Provide training for summer staff and assist with other elements of summer staff training
- Work with a summer leadership team to manage and lead 150+ summer staff; including conducting performance appraisals, coaching, and corrective action when necessary
- Assist as needed with other summer camp programs or retreats
- Ensure compliance with ACA, ACCT and State Laws
- Manage all associated account lines and perform within budget
- Sit for long periods of time processing data entry
- Must be able to lift, bend, and twist
- Ability to push and pull loads
- Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs, occasionally 35-100 lbs with assistance
- Good eye-hand coordination
About SpringHill Camps:
SpringHill Camps is a Christian non-denominational camp with locations in Evart, Michigan, Seymour, Indiana, and summer Day Camps in major metropolitan areas currently in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois. As we experience growth in our ministry, we are seeking people who can bring experience, knowledge, energy, and a passion for Jesus to key roles in reaching kids for Christ.
Our purpose is to present the life-changing message of Jesus Christ to children, teens and young adults and to be His agent of change. We see this fulfilled through our mission, which is to glorify God by creating life-impacting experiences that enable young people to know and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
In addition to the mission, SpringHill holds a number of values that influence the way we think and do ministry. We are about Jesus and his message of grace, hope and love. We are committed to the spiritual and personal growth of children, teens, and young adults. We possess a passionate commitment to be relevant. This translates into the integration of faith and fun, diversity in programming and a resolve to meet and engage every child at their level of maturity and development. We are committed to only do ministry in the context of personal loving and caring relationships. This is why we expend a great deal of time and energy finding, developing, and retaining people who relate to others in such a manner. We also offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package for our staff to meet their personal needs while serving in vital ministry roles. In addition, we are committed to exceed expectations and provide exceptional experience, service and value to our guests. We are always learning and growing, and as a result of this, change is a part of our fabric.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Felton, California
- October 13
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
West Michigan Day Camp Regional DirectorSpringHill Camps
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- September 27
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Spring Hill Camps
SpringHill Camps is a non-profit Christian camp and retreat ministry with locations in Michigan and Indiana. Our mission is to create life-impacting experiences that enable young people to know and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We've got extreme sports, awesome activities and outdoor adventures at Summer Camp—and it's all integrated with life-changing, faith-filled experiences. But that's not where it ends! We've also got Day Camps, Weekend Retreats, Women's Retreats and Family Camps. From summer through winter, there's al More...