We are seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry responsible for Christian education and care for children from birth to 5th grade. The Director of Children’s Ministry will work cooperatively with our Student Ministries Team, Church Staff, parents and volunteers.
The Director of Children’s Ministry plans, organizes, directs, evaluates, and is personally involved in ministry to children from birth to fifth grade, along with their families, to initiate and nurture lifelong relationships with Jesus. The ideal candidate
will for this position must be comfortable in working within a diverse demographic and support a generational ministry
1.In line with Sequoyah’s vision, theology and needs, design and provide
curriculum that aligns with the vision of nurturing lifelong relationships with Jesus.
2. Supervise and lead, along with ministry team, Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming for children birth to fifth grade. Oversee, and provide assistance, when needed, to care in nursery.
3. Plan summer ministry opportunities and camps for children.
4. Provide leadership for volunteer development. Develop opportunities to grow volunteer base. Lead volunteer training efforts in concert with Children’s Ministry team
5. Assist pastors in milestone events and other family ministry efforts.
6. Work with Supervisor in budget planning, communication, and space allocation. Participate in staff meetings as member of Pastoral Staff.
7. Commit to intentional spiritual, professional, and personal growth.
8. Reports directly to Lead Pastor.
9. Attendance at Church Council meetings is required at a minimum once every 3 months.
10. Make consistent decisions based on the values declared by Sequoyah Community Church.
Essential Skills and Experience:
1. Commitment to a Christian way of life and a desire to serve the Body of Christ by ministering to children and their families.
2. At least a Bachelors degree, preferably in education, children’s ministry, or related field; advanced degrees are welcome and recognized.
3. 2 years of applicable experience working directly with children and families, including, preferably, skills in ministry supervision, administration, volunteer recruitment and training.
4. Has demonstrated gifts of leadership, teaching, communication, organization, and administration within the context of ministering to children and adults.
5. Is joyful, enthusiastic, and dependable; relates well with children, their parents and ministry volunteers.
6. Promotes a presence driven atmosphere that includes worship, prayer, openness to the Holy Spirit, devotion to the Word of God, creating opportunities for discipleship, fellowship, serving each other and our community.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include health, dental and 403b plan.