This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 12/11/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
An international Leadership Development coalition providing partnership awareness, skills and resources for the next generations role in world evangelization
In response to this challenge, a Leadership Development coalition of educators, ministries, schools, existing networks is joining hands with visionSynergy in an initiative currently simply known as Next Generation, Leading Together. Initial funding has been received, nine months of research has been done, and talks have been held with over twenty groups showing interest in different elements of the initiative (a listing of these entities is available on request). Their wide-ranging diversity suggests the initiative has the potential to emerge as a model of E/W, N/S elements of the global church working together.
Associate Director - Programs
Primary roles are:
1. Leads establishment of the Coalitions educational resource development priorities.
2. Leads effective prioritization, experimentation, and on-going assessment of products and programs in these likely five media:
* Specifically-mounted training/educational events
* Full courses and modules for use in existing institutions/programs (formal and non-formal)
* Development and distribution of training materials;
* And relevant on-going coaching/mentoring programs.
3. Works under the direction of the Director, Next Generation Initiative.
Terms of Engagement By Team Members:
1. Funding will be provided for the initiatives program expenses as well as for team member administrative, travel, and related expenses. Financial partners have been identified for these elements for Phase I of the initiative.
2. Salary will be at a competitive level and will be provided one of three ways:
*Straight salary paid by visionSynergy as part of the Coalition development/operation
*Loan/secondment by individuals who already have established personal support.
*Hybrid in which partial personal support is augmented by salary.
3. The individuals will be associated with the visionSynergy team in Seattle, Washington, USA which serves as the facilitator for the coalition. Loans and secondments will be to visionSynergy who will provide the administrative framework for the individuals ministry. Seattle would be a preferred location for team members. However, the nature of the Coalition allows for consideration of residence elsewhere.
4. Initial term of commitment will be for a three year period with the option for renewal based on mutual review. Candidates can expect a supportive team environment committed to innovation and excellence in all aspects of the coalitions work.