This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/08/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
An international Leadership Development coalition providing partnership awareness, skills and resources for the next generations role in world evangelization
Responsible to: Director
Responsible for: Staff, Associates, Vendors
visionSynergy exists to accelerate world evangelization by helping God’s people work together more effectively. Our role is building and sustaining Kingdom partnerships, networks, and other strategic alliances to reach the least reached with the Good News. To accomplish this vision we advocate, motivate, train/educate, coach/advise through a wide range of initiatives. These initiatives are communications intensive and call for highly innovative, highly leveraged, ‘out of the box’ approaches. This involves communications with the general public, with missions/church leaders, our investor/ donor community, visionSynergy’s partner agencies, and with the wider visionSynergy related Associates team.
The AD/Com must have a strong demonstrated background in communications and/or marketing. Will have a thorough knowledge of both traditional (print, etc.) communications as well as electronic media with experience and demonstrated performance in internet/web related initiatives. Will have a high commitment to world evangelization; a strategic, “big picture,” innovative view of the role communications can play in realizing visionSynergy’s mission; a commitment to information/education of and engagement with the VS donor/investor community; a commitment to effective use of the technology available; strong relational skills; and personal spiritual maturity that undergirds thought and action.
Understands visionSynergy and its key programs as partnerships in themselves; that our success is realized by motivating, engaging and bringing value to the widest possible range of individuals, ministries, existing and new networks around the world.
Ultimately, this person is helping catalyze a movement, a great vision – helping ignite passion, hope, energy, and commitment on the part of younger believers. Help them to dream the impossible dream of Kingdom breakthroughs – from the smallest collaboration to the macro picture – by working together effectively, in real, durable partnership.
All senior team members are responsible for insuring there are clear objectives, outcomes, evaluation metrics in place, and regular reporting is done for each of their responsibilities.
The AD/Communications has two primary areas of engagement.
1. Next-Gen Initiative media/communications strategies. In cooperation Director, NextGen Initiatives is responsible to develop innovative content and effective marketing for:
A. www.powerofconnecting.net – the international partnership resource web site.
B. Partnership eNewsletter – the monthly education/information newsletter for the growing global partnership community.
C. Development/maintenance of the NextGen Coalition’s web site.
D. Well Connected book – the promotion/distribution of the book and its collateral materials in English and other languages.
E. www.connectedbook.net web site
F. Collateral print/audio/video materials associated with Well Connected book in English and other languages.
G. Relations with external media for news/promotional purposes.
H. The Company of the Committed partnership advocate/activist network
I. Partnership training programs – formal, non-formal, and web-enabled as developed by VS and its partner agencies.
2. visionSynergy Ministry Communications: Leads the planning and implementation of VS’ communications strategy including
A. Development/maintenance of the VS ministry web site, www.visionsynergy.net .
B. Bi-monthly UPDATE (electronic & hard copy)
C. Relations with external media for news/promotional purposes.
D. Appeal and thank you communications
E. Communications/reporting as required for churches, foundations and other specialized funding sources
This role includes development/maintenance of a calendar defining themes, due dates, and team responsibilities in support of this key sector.
1. Planning: With other ministry leadership participates in planning VS overall strategy(ies), priorities, policies, and annual budget.
2. Financial Development: With Director and other VS team members, shares responsibility for VS financial development strategy and implementation with a particular focus on communications-related initiatives.
3. Technical Facilitates/Databases: With AD/Admin shares responsibility for establishing objectives, standards, and procedures for VS’ hardware and software requirements specifically needed for the communications department.
4. Associates: Participates in Associates development and, where appropriate, provides leadership for Associates involved in VS’ communications sector.
• Mature believer with deep commitment to world evangelization
• Knowledge of and experience in international ministry
• Humble yet with clear self awareness
• Ease of working in a small, highly-leveraged team environment
• Commitment to team camaraderie and their contribution to that
• Readiness to contribute to the team fun factor
• Deep commitment to inclusivity and Kingdom collaboration
• Self-starting visionary with proven ability to implement
• Organized with good time management & motivational skills
• Awareness of and ease in working with non-Western leadership and those for whom English is a second language
• Understands and works well with outsourced specialists, virtual associates, etc.
• Credibility – has at least five years professional experience and proven track record in primary area of responsibility
• Readiness to travel up to 30% of the time
• Based in Puget Sound – working out of Edmonds office when in town