Brian Rader, Program Director
Ryan Wilson, Program Manager
Grace Children's Home
PO Box 519
1033 North Main
Henderson, NE 68371
CHILD CARE WORKER/HOUSE PARENT
Qualifications - (We employ singles and married couples.)
- Must be 19 years of age (minimum), per state licensing requiremtents.
- A willingness to emphasize and to be a model for Christian living.
- A High School diploma or its equivalent. College education is preferred. An adequate combination of education and experience to enable one to exercise mature judgment and learn on the job is important.
- A valid drivers license and a driving record that permits regular insurability to drive agency vehicles.
- Good general health.
- A willingness and ability to be involved in a commitment to the Children's Home in a manner, which is personally satisfying and is consistent with the job description and work expectations.
- A concern for children and youth who have been abused, neglected or have not received adequate supervision within their own home settings.
- The ability to lead and give direction, as well as the ability to follow and receive direction when appropriate.
- The ability to be enthusiastic and supportive of appropriate activities, encouraging and participating whenever possible.
- An attitude of genuine caring, which demonstrates understanding and patience when interacting with the residents.
- An interest in keeping accurate records and observations to maintain the program's integrity and operative.
- A sincere approach to in-service training and personal development as part of the learning process of the job.
- An aptitude for working together as a team player in a Christian ministry.
The child care worker/ House parent is:
1. Responsible to meet each youth's physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
2. Directly responsible for establishing limits and granting privileges. All youth in placement need to know and understand their limits and expectations. It is the child care worker's role to adhere to the established expectations firmly and consistently in relation to individual needs.
3. To accurately observe and record significant behavior relating to the progress or regression of youth within the cottage setting.
4. To share information and work cooperatively with other staff members who have a part in the total program for each youth in placement.
5. Directly responsible for all discipline in their cottage, remembering that the purpose of discipline is to assist the youth to learn self-control and discipline. The child care worker is part of a team, which works together, reinforcing one another in consistent and appropriate discipline. Without consistent teamwork, discipline becomes less effective.
6. Responsible to establish daily cottage routines which can become learning experiences for each youth as well as provide and promote feelings of predictability and security. Examples would be consistent meal times, bed times, study times, household chores, appropriate dress, and other routine, cottage activities.
7. Willing to listen and respond to each youth in a warm and accepting way, learning to understand and appreciate unique feelings.
8. To provide activities suitable to the youths' abilities, thereby assisting and promoting the growth of positive feelings and wholesome self-esteem.
9. Aware of personal strengths and weaknesses taking into account one's own abilities, emotions, and needs when relating to youth and fellow staff members.
10. A flexible person who can accept more specifically assigned duties as the needs and requirements may change.
- Annual salary and housing(with paid utilities) are provided for Child Care Workers/House Parents.
- Health Insurance is provided.
- Food is provided while on-duty.
- Initial Pre-Service and on-going training is provided.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Customer ServicePrivate Profile
- Stafford, Virginia
- December 9
Vice President of CommunicationForum of Christian Leaders
- Lisle, Illinois
- December 8
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- December 8
Senior PastorMeriden Evangelical Free Church
- Meriden, Iowa
- December 8
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
Grace Children's Home
A Christian residential home for children, ages 6-16, who have been unable to adjust to previous living situations. Grace Children's Home is dedicated to providing a setting in which children can grow physically, emotionally, and spiritually. More...