CENTRAL TEXAS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
HEAD OF SCHOOL (TEMPLE, TX)
CTCS School Board
Oversight of daily school operations and direct supervision of administrative staff
The Head of School is the chief academic and administrative officer, appointed by the CTCS School Board to administer and implement the mission and operating policies of the Board. The mission of Central Texas School is
to educate students in the transforming truth of Christ, inspiring academic excellence, godly character and integrity in life pursuits. The Head of School provides day-to-day direction and operational practices that represent a consistent and effective
model of integrity, efficiency, and accountability. The Head of School leads the school in collaboration with campus principals, and directs and participates in marketing and development. In addition, the Head of School performs and/or directs all other duties
as may be assigned by the Board.
- Master’s degree in educational administration/supervision preferred
- Understanding of and commitment to the CTCS mission, vision and philosophy of Christian Education
- Desire and skills necessary to implement a Christian philosophy of education school-wide
- Qualifications required for ACSI Superintendent Certification
- Demonstrated record of success in school administration
- Profession of faith in Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that reflects maturity and intimacy with God
- Authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by commitment to prayer, personal Bible study and spiritual community
- Confidence and trust in the Bible as God’s inspired Word and standard for faith and daily living
- Clear biblical worldview coupled with insight into contemporary culture and its challenges and opportunities for the 21st Century student
- Demonstrated ability to lead with passion and humility
- Agreement without reservation with the school’s statement of faith, mission statement, and Christian philosophy of education
- Ability to lead effectively in a team environment, mentor other leaders and build teams
- Strength in interpersonal skills and human resource management
- Professional demeanor with appropriate complements of confidence and Biblical humility
- Ability to think strategically, problem-solve and follow through in complex situations
- Ability to effectively communicate the school’s vision and network with community leaders and potential stakeholders to enhance and develop the financial base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Models an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by commitment to prayer, personal Bible study and spiritual community
- Communicates a life committed to Christ in word and deed, as evidenced by fruit of the Spirit and a life of integrity
- Meets stresses of daily life with emotional stability, objectivity and optimism
- Submits respectfully and is loyal to established authority
- Maintains an appropriate professional personal appearance and demeanor
- Provides spiritual leadership and growth opportunities for staff, students and families
- Promotes Biblical unity within the school community through effective leadership
- Effectively promotes CTCS in the community through building meaningful relationships and clear communication of the school’s mission and vision.
Educational Leadership and School Management:
- Provides leadership in the communication, development and integration of a Biblical worldview into every aspect of the CTCS educational experience
- Maintains responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the school
- Recruits, supports and retains campus principals and administrative personnel who can effectively carry out the mission of CTCS
- Conducts effective administrative meetings
- Creates and cooperatively implements staff development plans and programs to ensure excellence in every aspect of the CTCS educational experience.
- Resources, encourages, provides appropriate oversight and gives timely feedback to all personnel under direct supervision.
- Facilitates the process of ACSI Certification for all faculty and maintains appropriate documentation
- Implements sound personnel procedures in accordance with board policies
- Ensures meaningful and relevant staff devotions
- Demonstrates understanding of educational principles and provides leadership in clarifying, communicating and encouraging innovation combined with proven strategies to constantly improve the educational experience of each student
- Ensures a consistent scope and sequence of curriculum and instruction from Pre-K through Grade 12 in collaboration with campus principals and faculty
- Makes recommendations regarding campus/school policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings and works cooperatively with PTF
- Ensures that CTCS continuously maintains accreditation.
- Stays informed of federal, state and local laws affecting private Christian schools.
- Effectively communicates in verbal and written form the mission, vision and philosophy to the staff, students, parents and community-at-large
- Develops and maintains effective, meaningful and professional relationships within the student body.
- Demonstrates interest in student life by involvement in various student activities.
- Ensures the development and implementation of an effective and consistent behavior management program in collaboration with campus principals.
- Ensures the spiritual development of the student body.
- Teaches and models the application of a Biblical worldview in all disciplines of life: academic, athletic, personal, professional, etc.
- Maintains effective communication with students and parents.
- Prepares a recommended budget to be presented to the Finance Committee for adoption by board
- Actively manages approved budget (revenue and income)
- Approves expenditures as appropriate through the school’s purchase order system
- Meets weekly with director of business to review revenue and expenditures
- Bears responsibility for implementation of all board policies and procedures with regard to budgeting, revenue, expenses, special funds, and tuition assistance funds.
- Communicates as needed with the board treasurer and/or the director of business
- Ensures that the school is adequately protected through appropriate insurance coverage
- Develops and effectively employs strategies to increase stakeholders through school and community networking
- Follows up with current donors and implements appropriate programs to encourage and inspire stakeholders
- Represents CTCS within the school community and in the community-at-large as the chief spokesperson, communicating the vision and mission of the school with passion and clarity
- Provides leadership in the planning and implementation of various school and community events designed to increase the number of stakeholders and overall revenue
- Earns and maintains ACSI Superintendent Certification
- Utilizes opportunities for professional growth
- Follows and adheres to school policies and procedures
- Seeks counsel and demonstrates a teachable spirit
- Attends school board meetings, other than an Executive Session requiring board discussion of the head of school
- Bears direct accountability to the school board
- Communicates openly with the school board
- Performs duties as assigned by policies of the school board
- Maintains a professional and spiritual relationship with the school board
- Works for harmonious relationships with the school board