This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Yorba Linda Friends Church
Yorba Linda, California, United States
Date Posted: 06/25/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
To serve the church by providing administrative and secretarial support to the Director of Amigos de Cristo and the ministries of Amigos de Cristo. MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK AND WRITE SPANISH FLUENTLY.
Some of the primary duties include:
· Receive and screen incoming calls, taking clear messages.
· Type teaching material, correspondence, articles and maintain up-to-date and well-organized files.
· Sort and open mail. Prepare responses to correspondence.
· Schedule appointments and speaking engagements for the staff of Amigos de Cristo.
· Coordinate the administrative functions of the Amigos de Cristo team.
· Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings.
· Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
· Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for the Amigos de Cristo office.
· Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, etc.
· Develop and distribute informational materials for Amigos de Cristo programs.
· Communicate accurate and comprehensive records and mailing lists of participants.
· Coordinate materials and registration for conferences, retreats, and other events.
· Compile curriculum and resource materials for events, classes, etc.
· Coordinate materials for volunteer training classes.
· Coordinate office volunteers.
· Schedule events, meetings and studies using calendaring program.
· Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the Amigos de Cristo ministries of the church.
· Attend meetings with and for the Director of Amigos de Cristo, upon request.
· Attend staff meetings and retreats.
· Cooperate with the Director of Amigos de Cristo by performing any other duties when assigned or requested.
SPIRITUAL: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church, and for this particular position, active members of Amigos de Cristo.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: Associate's degree, with minimum of three to four (3-4) year’s experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
SKILLS: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products. Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills (English and Spanish). Effective time management, organizational, leadership and multi-tasking skills. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information (English and Spanish). Ability to order information and exhibit both deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.