We have the immediate need to fill this position. If you have a heart to serve or know of someone...
COPA is an ecumenical Christian charity based in the Dominican Republic, working in 2 poor villages close to Barahona.COPA has provided a school and a medical clinic in each village. LaHoya is a Dominican village and Bombita is a Haitian migrant village. The aim of COPA is to share God's love, particularly through service. The COPA projects are assisted by 4 Gap Year volunteers (Project Trust) who work in the schools and are replaced annually.
COPA: Caring for People
Resident volunteer advisors assist local staff with training and resources. Funding for school operations is dependent on the Sponsorship program.
COPA runs a clinic in two villages. Along with health education and immunizations, basic health care is given to the students. The communities also have access to medical services.
School assemblies bring Bible stories and teaching of Jesus to life. Youth Groups and after-school programs reach out in the name of Jesus Christ.
This Education Advisor position is filled on a 2-year contract basis.
The Responsibility of the Educational Advisor is to:
• Work alongside the teachers in the COPA schools in Bombita and LaHoya and the partnership schools to assist them in improving the quality of primary education. For example: monitor and evaluate in the classrooms with regard to the quality of teaching and learning.
• Assist in formulating policy for teaching primary school subjects for both COPA schools.
• Assist with the management of the schools.
• To introduce and take leadership roles in staff training workshops in COPA schools.
• Together with colleagues to nurture and monitor the Christian values of COPA on behalf of COPA-USA and COPA-UK.
• Undertake any other task that is requested by the COPA Project Director
Bachelors degree in primary education, at least three years teaching experience, computer literate, flexible, creative, resourceful, sympathy with the philosophy and aims of COPA, able to work within a multi-cultural setting, and an international team. Able to work within a structured framework (COPA).
Competency in Spanish; experience in working overseas'
Monthly stipend, housing, and insurance provided. Information about COPA available at: www.copa.org.uk or www.copausa.org
Personal Qualities :
• A committed, practicing Christian, able to promote the Christian ethos of COPA
• Become an integral part of the community, respecting cultural differences and their effects on day to day realities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check (or equivalent) before commencing work.
To apply for this position please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to this EMAIL Address link, thank you.
Please if you have a heart for missions and feel you could fill this position we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Mobilization AssociateConverge Worldwide
- Orlando, Florida
- December 9
Vice President of CommunicationForum of Christian Leaders
- Lisle, Illinois
- December 8
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
House Parent for Youth ShelterFairbanks Youth Advocates
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- December 7
K-12 Online Teachers (From Home) All Grades & SubjectsFreedomProject Academy
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- December 6
Community Partners, Inc. (COPA)
Founded in England and Florida, COPA works in support of communities in the Dominican Republic. Since 1991, volunteers from the U.K. and the U.S., alongside the people from the villages, have built two schools, two pre-schools, two dining shelters and two kitchens. More...