The main task of the Executive Assistant is to provide detailed assistance to the Vice President in the leadership and management of his/her areas of responsibility. Also, to provide executive support as needed to Vice President of Academic Affairs and
Vice President of Leadership & School Quality.
Spiritually the ideal candidate shall possess characteristics that reflect:
- Acceptance, without reservation, of ACSI Statement of Faith
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- A mature, godly and positive spirit
- Confidence in God-given talents
Personally the candidate’s life shall reflect:
- Ability to listen and respond to counsel
- Spirit of dedication, flexibility, and humility
- Commitment to ACSI’s mission and vision
-Open and distribute PD mail
-Send letters of response
-Provide forms/information to interested individuals
-Route departmental mail
2. Telephone/technology communications
-Transmit data/information by disk and e-mail
-Respond to e-mail
-Respond to incoming phone calls
-Make follow up phone calls to schools/individuals/authors/staff
3. Research/data entry and/or collection
-Tabulate and prepare summaries of information coming from data gathered in surveys
-Maintain research files as instructed by Vice President
-Maintain registration in netFORUM for NEXUS Live
4. Coordination of memos
-File information to be included in the monthly memo
-Prepare newsletter to inform regional staff of what is happening in the Professional Development office (monthly)
5. Maintain files/records
-Keep phone log of all calls and requests for information
-Maintain and update VP’s files as instructed
6. Expense reports
-Maintain a file of the receipts for expenses of the Vice President(s)
-Complete expense reports on schedule
-Create /maintain PowerPoint presentations
-Create /maintain note copies
-Create /maintain handouts
8. CSE Magazine & SEEL
-Coordinate and communicate all aspects of planning, scheduling, follow-up, and publication
-Timeline for production
-Mailing list/comp copies
-Planning meetings for year/issue
-Coordinate all aspects with publishing director
-Send thank you notes, payments to authors, appreciation gifts
-Maintain a current calendar of all VP meetings/events/travel etc
-Hold weekly meeting VP on departmental issues/schedule/etc
-Schedule monthly meetings and quarterly in-service sessions
10. Leadership Academy and NEXUS Live
-Plan and coordinate scheduling, registration, etc.
-Serve as point person for all communication and logistical preparation
11. Miscellaneous tasks
-Coordination of events/meetings as needed to serve ACSI staff and board
-Provide copies of publications as requested and approved
-Maintain and assist in arranging the travel schedule of the Vice President of Prof Development
-Refer certification calls/requests to certification staff
-Assist in planning/scheduling meetings of the Vice President
-Assist with responsibilities in Academic Affairs and other ACSI departments as approved
-Fulfill other departmental and ACSI tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two years experience as an executive assistant and/or program coordinator preferred; experience as office manager helpful, but not required.
- Strong communication skills, especially written, with good command of grammar and editing.
- Computer literacy, with knowledge of word-processing, database/spreadsheet software, publishing software, and website management. The position will require the ability to use additional software applications related to conference scheduling.
- Strong organizational skills, including filing, maintaining records, and project management.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Disciplined time management skills.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- A servant’s heart that is characterized by being flexible and accepting of job assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read at close range.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Lifting requirements up to 25 pounds.
- To the VP of Professional Development and evaluated annually.
- To the job description.
- To the policies and ethical guidelines of ACSI.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are established within the guidelines of ACSI.
Download an application from the ACSI website at www.acsi.org and forward all completed application materials, along with a current resume’, to the following:
Human Resources, ACSI
731 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
FAX: (719) 867-5266