The main task of the Executive Assistant is to provide detailed assistance to the Vice President in the leadership and management of his/her areas of responsibility. Also, to provide executive support as needed to Vice President of Academic Affairs and Vice President of Leadership & School Quality.
Spiritually the ideal candidate shall possess characteristics that reflect:
- Acceptance, without reservation, of ACSI Statement of Faith
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- A mature, godly and positive spirit
- Confidence in God-given talents
Personally the candidate’s life shall reflect:
- Ability to listen and respond to counsel
- Spirit of dedication, flexibility, and humility
- Commitment to ACSI’s mission and vision
-Open and distribute PD mail
-Send letters of response
-Provide forms/information to interested individuals
-Route departmental mail
2. Telephone/technology communications
-Transmit data/information by disk and e-mail
-Respond to e-mail
-Respond to incoming phone calls
-Make follow up phone calls to schools/individuals/authors/staff
3. Research/data entry and/or collection
-Tabulate and prepare summaries of information coming from data gathered in surveys
-Maintain research files as instructed by Vice President
-Maintain registration in netFORUM for NEXUS Live
4. Coordination of memos
-File information to be included in the monthly memo
-Prepare newsletter to inform regional staff of what is happening in the Professional Development office (monthly)
5. Maintain files/records
-Keep phone log of all calls and requests for information
-Maintain and update VP’s files as instructed
6. Expense reports
-Maintain a file of the receipts for expenses of the Vice President(s)
-Complete expense reports on schedule
-Create /maintain PowerPoint presentations
-Create /maintain note copies
-Create /maintain handouts
8. CSE Magazine & SEEL
-Coordinate and communicate all aspects of planning, scheduling, follow-up, and publication
-Timeline for production
-Mailing list/comp copies
-Planning meetings for year/issue
-Coordinate all aspects with publishing director
-Send thank you notes, payments to authors, appreciation gifts
-Maintain a current calendar of all VP meetings/events/travel etc
-Hold weekly meeting VP on departmental issues/schedule/etc
-Schedule monthly meetings and quarterly in-service sessions
10. Leadership Academy and NEXUS Live
-Plan and coordinate scheduling, registration, etc.
-Serve as point person for all communication and logistical preparation
11. Miscellaneous tasks
-Coordination of events/meetings as needed to serve ACSI staff and board
-Provide copies of publications as requested and approved
-Maintain and assist in arranging the travel schedule of the Vice President of Prof Development
-Refer certification calls/requests to certification staff
-Assist in planning/scheduling meetings of the Vice President
-Assist with responsibilities in Academic Affairs and other ACSI departments as approved
-Fulfill other departmental and ACSI tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two years experience as an executive assistant and/or program coordinator preferred; experience as office manager helpful, but not required.
- Strong communication skills, especially written, with good command of grammar and editing.
- Computer literacy, with knowledge of word-processing, database/spreadsheet software, publishing software, and website management. The position will require the ability to use additional software applications related to conference scheduling.
- Strong organizational skills, including filing, maintaining records, and project management.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Disciplined time management skills.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- A servant’s heart that is characterized by being flexible and accepting of job assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read at close range.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Lifting requirements up to 25 pounds.
- To the VP of Professional Development and evaluated annually.
- To the job description.
- To the policies and ethical guidelines of ACSI.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are established within the guidelines of ACSI.
Download an application from the ACSI website at www.acsi.org and forward all completed application materials, along with a current resume’, to the following:
Human Resources, ACSI
731 Chapel Hills Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
FAX: (719) 867-5266
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Accounts Payable & Finance ClerkCityteam
- San Jose, California
- December 7
House Parent for Youth ShelterFairbanks Youth Advocates
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- December 7
Needs ProcessorSamaritan Ministries International
- Peoria, Illinois
- December 7
K-12 Online Teachers (From Home) All Grades & SubjectsFreedomProject Academy
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- December 6
Administrative Manager/Office ManagerNorthEast of the Well
- Santa Ana, California
- December 5
Association of Christian Schools International
The Association of Christian schools International (ACSI) is a faith-based educational association committed to enabling Christian educators and Christian schools to effectively prepare students to live as thoroughly prepared, sold-out followers of Jesus Christ. ACSI operates from its headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and is presently working in over 100 countries through 17 regional offices around the world. Today, ACSI serves over 1.2 million children by enabling teachers and schools to provide for them the best Christ-centered educ More...