Metro Kansas City CPA firm is seeking to hire an experienced manager of the tax department. Individual must possess strong supervisory/managerial skills as well as proven technical abilities in a variety of tax disciplines. The hired manager will have direct
supervisory responsibility over tax staff and operation of tax department. Our firm prepares income tax returns in a paperless environment using state of the art tax preparation software. We also provide a variety of tax planning services.
Experience – minimum ten years past experience in taxation.
Salary – negotiable
Location – Overland Park, KS
Primary areas of responsibility for the Tax Manager
- Conducts reviews of returns prepared by others (1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041, 990, 706,709)
- Along with Managing Tax Partner accepts and manages new tax clients of the firm and interviews tax clients as needed
- Provides supervision and other HR functions for the tax staff
- Maintains tax logs, tax proforma, organizers and other monitoring tools
- Provides support to tax department on technical issues of taxation & use of software
- Evaluates best practices in tax services
- Manages tax education for department personnel
- Coordinates outside tax education & webinars.
- Responsible for internal in-house education in taxation
- Keeps abreast of daily changes and developments in taxation through the use of the firm’s research software and resources
- Annually renews tax preparation and tax research software licensing
- Installs periodic updates to software