This position is responsible for the development, maintenance, enhancement and oversight of a digital program platform, also known as a “game” application. The person filling this role has a solid background in web software development, particularly web
application development, with the ability to manage development projects and work with and oversee other developers. This person is self-motivated with a high capacity to produce, is able to learn new things quickly and adapt to change, and willing to take
proficient in the technologies outlined; they have a passion for programming and developing great, state-of-the-art web products and applications. They should also have the ability to work with other developers and resources as needed, as well as translate
requirements into scope documents and do QA testing. They should be able to handle stress and a fast-paced work environment with quickly shifting and changing priorities, while being proactive and working independently with minimal supervision. This is an
exciting opportunity to be part of an established and growing franchise system.
- Programming and developing a digital cognitive skills assessment using the same technologies
- Programming, developing and maintaining the associated administration system (PHP/MySQL)
- Developing and ensuring compatibility in a variety of platforms including tablets and iOS devices
- Writing scope documents and working with our product development team to scope changes and enhancements to the platform
- Working with and assigning to other programming resources, as needed, to ensure projects are completed on-time, on-budget with uncompromised quality
- Assist in managing quality assurance for the platform, checking for issues and ensuring quality project completion
- Working with our internal support team to answer support inquiries, troubleshoot issues on the platform, and train internal staff as needed
- Keep up on new web technologies, make recommendations to management, and implement new technologies as needed
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Vice President of Marketing & Technology
- Strong passion for and interest in technology and web application development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of technology and software, including web programming languages, web application development, web 2.0 technologies, etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience programming in HTML5
- Experience developing web-based applications
- Basic understanding of the iOS and tablet platforms and ecosystems required
- Ability to develop in both LAMP and Windows/IIS environments a plus
- Knowledge and familiarity with the following a plus (though not required): Wordpress, FTP, ASP.NET, iOS development, SQL Server; web infrastructure including Web server, DNS and domain registration information. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat,
as well as Microsoft Office and Server Products.
- Comfortable working within an already developed application and building on top of a completed foundation
- Ability to write scope documents, translate project requirements into specifications.
- Ability to work with designers and other developers, and guide other developers and oversee their work.
- Experience and comfort working with offshore developers.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to “think like a user” and improve systems, proactively improve the products and provide recommendations
- Ability to do Quality Assurance testing on own work
- Quick learner, willing and able to wear many hats
- Proactive, self-sufficient, able to take ownership of projects once assigned, as well as proactively creating projects and starting without assignment
- Ability to quickly learn new software & web applications that haven’t had previous exposure to, with minimal training or documentation
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to work on a wide variety of projects at any given time and handle new requests quickly as they come in
- Ability to switch gears between a variety of types of tasks and projects quickly, without becoming overwhelmed
- Ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions to technical issues and challenges as they arise
- Ability to “think outside the box” with technology solutions and come up with innovative solutions to solve business technology needs
- Strong communication skills, written and verbally
Position is full-time salary with HRA and IRA benefits, and profit sharing
LearningRx is a brain training franchise specializing in making kids and adults of all ages measurably smarter through research-based programs that train the brain. Our one-on-one trainers put students through a rigorous set of training exercises and drills
designed to produce new neural connections and strengthen existing ones. Our program has been proven to raise IQ by 15 points or more and help individuals with learning disabilities, dyslexia, ADHD, autism, ODD, Asperger's, traumatic brain injury, and many
other learning struggles, as well as for those simply seeking to boost their skills and capabilities.
Since its inception in 2001, LearningRx has helped tens of thousands of people. LearningRx currently has more than 90 Franchised locations in the United States and is licensed in more than 20 Countries internationally. Visit www.learningrx.com and www.learningrx-franchise.com
for more information.