The Evangelical Covenant Church
Director of Information Services
Identity and Biblical Mission
We are united by Christ in a holy covenant of churches empowered by the Holy Spirit to obey the great commandments and the great commission: to love God with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind, to love our neighbors as ourselves, and to go into all
the world and make disciples.
Founded in 1885, The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) is a rapidly growing, multi-generational, multi-ethnic denomination of churches with 850 congregations in the United States and Canada, 27% of which are serving populations of color or intentionally
multiethnic. The ECC has ministry partnerships in nearly 30 countries on five continents. The ECC sponsors a number of affiliated ministries including hospitals, retirement communities, enabling residences, and educational institutions. The Covenant offices
are located in Chicago, near O’Hare airport, easily accessible by car and public transportation. For more information on the ECC, visit www.covchurch.org.
Two separate partner organizations are located in the same Covenant Offices building at 8303 West Higgins Road, Chicago, IL: Covenant Trust Company (CTC), www.covenanttrust.com, and National Covenant Properties (NCP), www.covchurch.org/ncp.
CTC is a non-depository trust company, chartered in 1988 and regulated by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking, providing trustee services and asset management for individuals and organizations nationwide,
with over $550 million currently under management. NCP has been providing loans since 1970 for new church construction and additions to the members of the ECC, with currently over $274 million in loans to more than 260 Covenant projects.
The Information Services department strives to provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, in order to facilitate the mission objectives of the Evangelical Covenant Church in serving Christ. To achieve this
goal, the department provides solutions and support for information systems and technology for the Covenant Offices, with an extended set of services made available to the churches and conferences that make up the denomination. The Director of Information
Services will oversee and manage these solutions and services, leading a staff of IT professionals, while creating and executing a strategic vision for technology that can fulfill and compliment the needs of the ministry as a whole. The Director will also
partner with the IT resources of Covenant Trust Company and National Covenant Properties to create a sustainable, shared services model for all entities in the Covenant Offices, with a strategic plan to assume primary IT responsibility of all three organizations.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Operations, with matrixed reporting to leadership at CTC and NCP, the position presents a unique opportunity for an individual of faith to combine many talents to build a pace-setting denominational model of
Information Services management.
The Qualified Candidate
The Evangelical Covenant Church seeks a visionary and strategic management professional with demonstrated success growing a broad-based Information Systems function. An ideal candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in developing and maintaining
highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support all missional areas in a complex, matrixed, faith-based environment. Applicants wishing to make the move to a faith-based organization from a corporate career background are
also encouraged to apply. A passion for the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church is essential.
The successful candidate will have:
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to an active Christian faith life; ability to fully support the mission of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- 8 – 10 years of job related experience with proven skills in Information Technology leadership with a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experiences.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and collaboration skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Proven expertise in taking initiative, building and maintaining strong rapport and positive relationships with various constituencies in matrixed environments.
- A collaborative, friendly and approachable nature with enthusiasm, drive and motivation to fulfill ECC’s mission.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with financial systems.
- Experience in business analysis and QA testing.
- Strong experience in administration, maintenance and support of the following operating systems – Windows (server 2012) and IOS; and framework of .net
- Ability and demonstrated willingness to keep abreast of new technology as evidenced in past leadership roles.
- Data warehouse experience is desirable.
This search is being managed by Heather A. Eddy, President and CEO, Alford Executive Search.
To apply, all candidates must submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
No applications will be accepted via email. Questions may be addressed to Laura Weinman at email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Alford Executive Search (www.ag-es.com) is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening the not-for-profit community through professional staffing solutions.