Sandy Hill Camp and Retreat Center is a scenic 211 acre property on the Elk River in North East, Maryland. In the summer, Sandy Hill is home to one of the largest residential summer camps in Maryland for boys and girls ages 8-16. In the
spring and fall, we host retreats for churches, schools, and other groups. Sandy Hill has been family-owned and operated since 1995. For more information about our programs and facility, please visit our website at www.SandyHillCamp.com.
This administrative role is a full-time, year-round position with benefits. The position can be either hourly or salaried. The Camp Administrator is the key contact person in the office for our camp families. This role also includes significant administrative
tasks in support of the camp program.
Because we are a seasonal business, the demands, responsibilities, and hours change with the seasons. During the “summer camp season,” roughly late-May through mid-August, the workload will be 5-6 days per week averaging around 55 hours per week. It includes
all Sunday afternoons from mid-June through mid-August. During the “retreat season” (May, September, October) and the “off-season” (November through May), the role requires 3-5 days per week averaging around 35 hours per week with approximately 1 weekend day
per month on site. In the off-season, there is the opportunity to work remotely some days.
We are looking for a multi-year commitment from someone who is committed to quality and who is passionate about our ministry of positively impacting our campers, staff and retreat guests.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate and build trust with camp families by phone and email
- Administer logistics for camp such as registration changes, activity adjustments, lost and found, weekend camper trips, and camp vehicle use
- Screen and route phone, paper mail and email communications to appropriate personnel
- Manage business supplies and files such as office supplies, summer supplies, and vendor files
- Manage compliance documents (State of Maryland, County, American Camp Association)
- Supervise summer office assistant(s)
- Coordinate camp marketing and social media presence including exhibiting at camp fairs
- Occasionally support retreat needs that may include food service and team-building facilitation
- Assist with data entry for accounts payable, payroll, and credit card receipts
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned by the Executive Director
A well-suited candidate would have proven administrative and customer communication experience.
Such a candidate must have the following traits:
- Strong moral character and desire to work in a faith-based organization
- Exceptional verbal communication skills with the ability to convey warmth, enthusiasm, and
- Exceptional writing skills to communicate via email and on social media
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment
- Detail oriented
- Strong computer skills – email, MS Office especially MS Excel and Word
- Strong typing skills
- Willingness to work some weekend days and have a flexible schedule that varies by season of
- the year
- Pleasant personality to interface with staff and guests
- Self-starter/takes initiative
- Positive attitude and desire to serve others
Additional traits that are not required, but would be valuable
- Camp experience – as a camper and/or on a summer camp staff
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Proficiency in IT and/or technical support
- Proficiency in communicating in Spanish
- Background in sailing, motorboats, lifeguarding, rock climbing, ropes course and/or