Food for Orphans (a 501c3 and member of ECFA) is seeking a Christian bookkeeper for our headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO. (Relocation is NOT provided.) We are seeking a full-time person who is a team player to manage all financial aspects of our accounting department. This person will need to be efficient, accurate, creative, experienced and able to work independently. Current bookkeeper is willing to work through a transition period. In addition to the bookkeeping activities described below, this person will manage state solictation registrations and renewals, maintain HR responsibilities, and act as Office Manager.
You must have a heart for our mission to feed orphans. Pay is $17-$19 per hour. (No benefits currently.)
- Do all ministry accounting.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Reconcile all receipts and invoices.
- Pay bills and handle payments to international projects and partners.
- Record payments and donations.
- Prepare all receipts to donors.
- Enter new donor info into database and update all donation records.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintain and improve tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Using QuickBooks, develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll using QuickBooks.
- Prepare quarterly payroll reports (941, unemployment payments and reporting).
- Monthly and quarterly payroll tax payments to IRS (using the IRS EFTPS System ) and CO Dept of Revenue.
- Compute payroll taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Yearly W2 and 1099 Issuance to employees and contractors.
- Communications and data gathering for CPAs as requested (1099s, compilations/audits)
- Reporting for board meetings as requested
- Create and maintain complete, accurate, efficient and organized financial filing system that is worthy of ECFA accreditation and is audit-friendly.
- Maintain the organization's records filed with government agencies.
- Maintain organization’s fund raising registration compliance with various states governmental offices.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, and recommend revisions to overall Food for Orphans budget, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Produce monthly financial reports (review final entered financial data for each month, prepare monthly financial reports for the CEO to present to the board).
- Prepare annual information returns and insure the organization meets financial audit/review requirements.
- Do accounting system data entry.
- Serve as main support for the annual review or audit and 990 preparation.
- Communicate with donors as to issues with credit cards, Echecks, etc. and as requested.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9
Food for Orphans
Based in Colorado Springs, CO, Food for Orphans, a tax deductible 501(c)3 charity, is recognized as an international leader in feeding orphans. In 2007, Food for Orphans was officially incorporated, with headquarters located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Our staff has experience and history in visiting orphan homes, seeking out orphan care projects in need, evaluating those projects, training orphan care providers, measuring the needs of orphans and projects, and sharing our advice with the providers. Food for Orphans supplies the fund More...