Founded in 2001, DayBreak Ministries is a Christian organization dedicated to serving the children, families and individuals on an ongoing basis in the community of Lincoln Heights in northeast Washington, DC. DayBreak is an integrated auxiliary of McLean Bible Church.
DayBreak’s Vision is to see children and families know Christ and glorify God with their lives.
DayBreak’s Mission is to share the gospel with under-resourced communities while nurturing children and strengthening families.
The goal of our programs is to lay a foundation in the lives of children so that they will grow up to become godly leaders in their community. All of our programs emphasize both the gospel and education. We are hiring an Executive Director to build on our past 12 years of success by leading our talented staff in achieving our vision, increasing funding, and ensuring our work continues to meet critical community needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with knowledge of and relationships in the Washington, D.C. faith, nonprofit and funding communities.
For more information, please visit http://daybreakkids.org
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for DayBreak Ministries staff, programs, budget and facilities. The ED will ensure DayBreak’s values, vision, strategies, projects and tasks are aligned to meet the overall mission of the ministry.
Leadership & Management: [40%]
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize DayBreak volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, Mclean Bible Church leadership and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for operations.
- Oversee operations including but not limited to day-to-day operations, managing personnel (including volunteers), and ensure all programs meet the strategic goals of the organization.
Fundraising & Communications: [50%]
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Be an external presence that communicates program successes.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Lead all fundraising efforts including but not limited to coordinating McLean Bible Church’s annual offering, writing grants, managing major donor program, and creating and implementing all aspects of annual fundraising plan.
- In partnership with the Board and staff establish and lead an annual long range planning meeting to upgrade the strategic plan.
- Develop 2 year strategic budget each year and submit for board approval.
- Review and approve all expenditures to ensure they are in accordance with the approved annual budget.
Community Engagement: [5%]
- Represent DayBreak Ministries to agencies, organizations and the general public.(Includes working with MBC, the Lincoln Heights/Richardson Dwelling New Communities Initiative Advisory Council).
- Communicate with DayBreak youth and families to better understand needs and impact of programs.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations. Examples include MBC, the DC Housing Authority, Capital Area Food Bank, Local Churches, etc.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the mission of DayBreak. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A degree, ideally an Advanced degree in Education, Management, Organization Development or relevant experience.
- At least 5 years professional experience preferable in an urban setting. Nonprofit experience is also preferred.
- A track record of effectively leading a community-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs for youth and families.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop diverse teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Desired Personal Attributes
- A deep commitment to Jesus Christ and living a lifestyle consistent with our Vision, Values and Standards of Christian Conduct.
- Positive, optimistic, and energetic personality.
- Confident and inclusive leadership style.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- An authentic relationship builder with a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- A sense of humor and perspective.
- Comfortable working with grass roots community leaders, corporate and foundation executives, government officials and others.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume with references directly to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House Parent for Youth ShelterFairbanks Youth Advocates
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- December 7
K-12 Online Teachers (From Home) All Grades & SubjectsFreedomProject Academy
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- December 6
Native speaker in South KoreaVision Christian International School
- December 3
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
McLean Bible Church
McLean Bible Church (MBC) is a large, multi-campus church with campuses located in Loudoun, Prince William Counties and Arlington, Virginia along with campuses in Silver Spring and Bethesda, Maryland. Our main campus is located in northern Virginia near Tysons Corner Shopping Center. MBC serves between 8,000 -10,000 people per weekend.More...