While nutritious food provides temporary relief of physical hunger, the life-giving truth of the gospel provides eternal hope and relief from spiritual poverty. This is CHF’s passion, as we work to fulfill our mission of delivering hope to suffering children
by equipping local churches for gospel-centered mercy ministry.
Our successful candidate will be like-minded, desiring to serve in an efficient and effective non-profit ministry that seeks to put 99% of every contribution generously received back into fulfilling our mission. As noted in the qualifications below, this
individual will bring a strong record of relationship-building expertise and national development fundraising leadership to our organization, while appreciating and furthering our 22 years of successful ministry.
As a member of the Executive Team, this Chief Development Officer position is primarily responsible for designing and implementing CHF’s strategic and tactical development plan. We also look to this individual to provide leadership and insight with a view
to systematically and effectively strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity, meeting annual objectives while maintaining CHF’s commitment to integrity. Department head with supervisory responsibility. Travel as required--regional, national,
and international (generally one trip per year). Full-time, salaried, exempt position with competitive ministry compensation and benefits package.
- Develop and successfully implement a comprehensive development strategy, including but not limited to: planned giving; grants; gifts-in-kind; corporate, church and individual donor relations; and major gift officer programs.
- Support and partner with CHF personnel and board members on major fundraising initiatives and events.
- Oversee grant writing, including proposals to fund existing program and operational expenses as well as expansion opportunities.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and assess capital campaigns for major projects.
- Oversee and ensure the integrity and confidentiality of donor information.
- Ensure timely research, analysis and monthly reporting to the Executive Team of funding sources and trends, including strategic analysis and recommendations, as well as progress on all facets of the development program.
- Participate in CHF’s various internal and external meetings and fundraising events.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; active member of a local church; demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity
- Master’s degree in business or equivalent knowledge and experience; CFRE certification is a plus
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing, implementing, leading and managing a comprehensive development program that expands and cultivates new and existing donor relationships over time, with a proven track record of translating strategic initiatives
into effective tactical plans and output
- Professional stature and integrity, with humble confidence in the Lord, that establishes credibility and inspires the respect of others
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Sound and godly discretion, decision making, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and reliable follow-through, with ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful, with proactive approach to all responsibilities
- Competent computer user (MS Office, Internet); able to quickly learn new software applications; familiar with donor relationship management software and reporting (Raiser's Edge preferred)
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, qualifications, work environment and/or physical demands required. Incumbent
may be required to perform other duties as assigned. CHF does not consider resumes as applications for employment but as expressions of interest.