This is a PART-TIME position (25 hours/week) located in Hoffman Estates, IL. Chicago-area applicants only please. There is no relocation.
Bright Hope’s Mission and Vision: Bright Hope’s mission is to bring Hope to those living on less than $1 a day. Bright Hope envisions a world where under-resourced, local, in-country churches transform their communities and bring Hope to the extreme poor.
Job Summary: The Marketing & Communications Specialist is the hub of the Marketing team. The Specialist executes strategic initiatives in areas such as fundraising marketing, event marketing, social media, and email automation, as well as provides support to a variety of other marketing and communication activities.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of nonprofit marketing and communications experience, and has proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and respond to ongoing requests in a timely fashion. The incumbent is proactive and has the ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels, both leading and participating in projects. The person is adaptive and flexible in a dynamic work environment, works collaboratively with a variety of teams and is able to achieve results without close supervision.
- Creates messaging that propels donors and allies into deeper engagement with Bright Hope
- Edits and distributes print and electronic communications (including, but not limited to, website, monthly appeal, eblasts, collateral, event invitations, social media, press releases, proposals) to ensure audience-appropriate language and tone
- Creates graphics and illustrations to augment print and electronic communications
- Creates and executes compelling marketing campaigns
- Supports internal teams (Leadership, Relationship Management, Events and Family Engagement, Global Initiatives) with marketing and communications efforts
- Collaborates with internal teams to create process, capture news stories and translate stories into communications to support development and marketing
- Assists in developing and implementing a process to streamline marketing and communications support across the organization
Social Media & Website
- Coordinates e-marketing, website, and social media communications
- Reviews website for accuracy and updates routinely
- Works with vendors to organize, plan and execute creative design and web page updates
- Maintains the text, operation, and flow of marketing automation system
- Implements and maintains mobile cause marketing
- Researches external media opportunities, such as print, online, television, and radio to build visibility for Bright Hope
- Builds relationships with media representatives to increase opportunities for and presence of Bright Hope with media
- Transfers PR opportunities to other Bright Hope medium (such as facebook or twitter)
Reporting & Management
- Produces reports to evaluate and improve the outcomes of marketing and communication activities
- Coordinates list management for electronic mailing and telemarketing efforts and distributes via Convio
- Indexes and maintains media and image library of photos, audio, videos, collateral images
- Interacts with external vendors related to print and electronic communication
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in marketing or communications or associated degree required
- 4+ years in marketing, communications and web/social media experience required
- Experience with fundraising marketing at a nonprofit or company that serves nonprofits preferred
- Experience working with text, photos, basic layout and design for marketing and communications pieces (such as Adobe InDesign/Adobe Illustrator Suites) required
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Creative, flexible team player who can positively and productively impact fundraising, programmatic and event initiatives
- Written communication skills with a variety of print and electronic media
- Verbal communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Problem solving skills including issue identification and prioritization
- Collaboration across teams to implement processes and achieve results
- Ability to achieve results without close supervision
- Project management and reporting capability
- Detail orientation
- General knowledge of nonprofit database software including content management and constituent relationship management systems (Convio/Luminate preferred)
Special Position Requirements:
- Affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement and models the evangelical Christian faith, as described here: http://www.brighthope.org/about/mission
- Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job's principle elements.
Qualified? Email your resume, cover letter, writing samples, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Community Development Manager (Non-profit Outside Sales)Children of the Nations
- Seattle, Washington
- September 20
Bright Hope envisions a world where under-resourced, indigenous churches transform their communities and bring Hope to the extreme poor.
Our efforts are to have a holistic program with physical aid, economic development and spiritual growth in each of our partnerships. We call this aspect of our ministry: Hope for Today, Hope for Tomorrow and Hope for Eternity.