Come join a great, diverse group of people at the corporate headquarters of
Gospel Light! We publish adult and children's curricula, Christian resources and books for the Christian marketplace.
Our passion is to make Christ known through the production, marketing and sales departments who develop our products from start to finish, selling them to both national and international markets.
No one can do their job without the talents and cooperation of the others around them. Many of the people who work here care so much about what they do, that they believe it is their life's calling to do this work. Could this be you, too? To learn more about
who we are and what we do, please view our website at: http://www.gospellight.com
Church Ministry Consultant – Telephone Sales
Under the direction of the Director of Church Sales, we will rely on you to build and develop client relationships within an assigned territory to promote Gospel Light products including books, Sunday School and Vacation Bible School curriculum. As
your client base grows, your earning potential does too - through a combination of guaranteed base salary and earned commission. Additional responsibilities will include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and maintain existing business relationships with individuals and churches, never missing an opportunity to keep them updated on the “latest and greatest” products
- Sell products to individuals and Church groups using consultative selling techniques
- Identify opportunities to up-sell existing customers
- Counsel and advise customers on Gospel Light’s product line
- Participate in various incentive programs and contests designed to support achievement of production goals
- Meet goals for assigned territory within company guidelines
- Functionality is a sales consultant responsible for growing territory and maintaining existing accounts
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years demonstrated successful sales experience, including good telephone sales skills
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
- Successful track record of multi-tasking in a business environment
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Highly effective communication skills - oral, written and group
- Proficient spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listen and gain clarification when needed
- Good to excellent typing and computer skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive base salary plus commission and an extensive benefits package including two weeks of vacation per year, sick time, ten paid holidays, medical dental and
a vision insurance, for which a significant portion of the premiums are paid by the company. All full-time employees receive life insurance paid for by Gospel Light. Additional insurance such as voluntary life, voluntary accident, short term and long-term
disability insurance is available for minimal fees. After 6 months of service, associates may join the optional 401K employer-matching retirement plan and after 1 year are eligible for the Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We also have an education reimbursement
plan that can help you with job-related college education.
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: