Job Status: Full Time
Location: Colorado Springs, CO (No relocation assistance offered)
Reports to: CEO
Amount of Travel: 0-10%
Work Schedule: Office hours with 2-3 evenings/month, 1 Saturday/quarter, possible 1 week overseas/year
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities with the organization.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Record payments and donations.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements , or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology (currently using Quickbooks).
- Prepare biweekly payroll (prepare work papers, obtain approval, process direct deposits, send paystubs)
- Prepare quarterly payroll reports (941, unemployment payments and reporting).
- Prepare monthly payroll liabilities (e.g., Colorado withholdings, Kaiser [medical], the Hartford, and health savings accounts).
- Compute payroll taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Maintain the organization's records filed with government agencies.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, and recommend revisions to overall Seoul USA budget as well as individual project budgets (approximately 40-50 annually), preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Produce monthly financial reports (review final entered financial data for each month, prepare monthly financial reports for the CEO to present to the board).
- Prepare annual information returns and insure the organization meets financial audit/review requirements.
- Update the Seoul USA budget quarterly.
- Do accounting system data entry.
- Enter new project budgets into the accounting system and Sharepoint and perform accounting information updates for project budgets twice monthly.
- Participate in expense report approval process.
- Serve as main support for the annual review or audit and 990 preparation.
- Engage in daily interaction (not only email but phone and videoconference) with and financial support for the Korean office and partners worldwide.
- Participate in the monthly project meeting with the US and Korean office staffs (typically occurs one Monday evening per month).
- Participate in the monthly prayer call with the US and Korean office staffs and the board of directors (typically occurs on Thursday evening per month).
- Participate in the daily prayer and meal with the US office staff.
- Assist in Seoul USA promotional events as assigned (typically one Saturday a quarter).
- Travel to Korea for inter-office training if requested (typically once a year for one week).
- Must be a mature follower of Jesus Christ , actively involved in an evangelical church and personally committed to the Seoul USA statement of faith (the Nicene Creed) in belief, word, and deed.
- Unwavering loyalty to teammates, outcasts, agreed-upon schedules and processes, the Seoul USA cause, and, above all, the Kingdom of God.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Courteous and consistently looking to the interests of others as described in Philippians 2:4.
- Committed to learning from and embodying the discipleship practices of the persecuted church and of the faithful church throughout history.
- Able to accept responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Able to work under significant stress and pressure.
- Able to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical research investigation.
- Multicultural in orientation, outlook, and behavior; does not insist upon or seek to extend American culture and etiquette to other team members or partners but instead, e.g., addresses people as they asked to be addressed.
- Professional in attire, address, and attitude.
- Joyful and always giving thanks; not given to sarcastic or harsh humor or silly or superficial antics.
- Excellent time manager.
- Strong delegator and humble recipient of delegation.
- Committed to attending to one’s own administrative tasks as ministry.
- Giving, whether in bringing food to the office without being asked or hosting guests in home as needed or providing to meet the needs of the saints in the form of our partners, staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Committed to learning, growing, and training others in what one is learning.
- Honesty as a way of life; speaking the truth in love with special attention to the appropriate how and where of address.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Two to five years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks software.
- Accounting licensure and certification preferred.
- Familiarity with Korean culture and Korean language skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9
The vision of Seoul USA is that the North Korean church become the catalyst for spiritual examination, repentance, and renewal in Asian and Western Christianity, with North Korean defectors serving among the leadership pillars of the church around the world. Our mission is to serve as a convening mechanism for ordinary Christians in North and South Korea, Asia, and the West to grow to fullness in Christ through hearing and doing the word together, with special attention to what that word says about North Korea in our time. W More...