Christian Aid serves as a communications link between indigenous missionary ministries overseas and praying Christians here in the USA. Priority is given to helping evangelistic works of God in poorer countries and in closed lands where American missionaries
are not allowed.
The person in this position will report to the Director of Development and manage a portfolio of 150 prospects capable of making five- and six-figure gifts in a fast-paced campaign environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects.
- Develop and execute strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward donors for capital, endowment, and planned gifts.
- Work with Major Gifts team to identify and qualify new prospects.
- Meet or exceed agreed-upon goals for donor moves and activity.
- Work collaboratively with development staff and leadership volunteers to promote a successful fundraising environment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Proven track record of closing five and six figure gifts.
- Goal-oriented, able to work both independently and collaboratively, possess a sense of humor and be adept at prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working effectively with leadership volunteers.
- Experience working in a missions setting preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel for prospect meetings and events.
- A minimum of three years of major gift experience and a bachelor’s degree are required.
- Occasional nights and weekends, as needed.