Associate Planned Giving Director Houston
Come join the largest charitable organization in the nation! The Salvation Army has an outstanding career opportunity in Houston, TX for a Planned Giving professional to expand their skills and grow with one of the oldest and most successful Planned Giving
programs in the United States.
This position will cultivate and secure gifts to fund the Mission of The Salvation Army by developing and nurturing current and prospective donors and their professional advisors in the assigned geographic region and will respond to inquiries and communicate
with donors, prospects, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers. Day and overnight travel is required up to 80% of the time (30% overnight), primarily within the assigned region of Houston up through North Eastern Texas.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of a large body of new, technical information.
- Excellent communication skills, including public presentations
- Track record of achieving both activity and financial goals
- Experience developing relationships with the expressed purpose of causing a prescribed action outcome. (outside sales experience)
- Experience working with seniors
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please apply on the following link at The Salvation Army:
Submittal period: October 9, 2013 – November 9, 2013
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer