The Director of Accounting’s position is a multi-functional role. The ideal candidate will be proactive and team-oriented and possess superb analytical, team-building and communication skills.
- Manage month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Lead 10-K and 10-Q filings and footnote preparation.
- Review financial statements.
- Recommend and implement improvements to policies and procedures.
- Research accounting pronouncements and GAAP treatments and develop position papers.
- Coordinate annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Assist with tax provision and tax compliance.
- Manage compliance of the Company’s internal control policies and procedures.
- Lead review of prior year Sarbanes-Oxley compliance work and assess opportunities for control rationalization.
- Drive the successful completion of control initiatives by closely coordinating with senior management, external consultants and business process owners.
- Work with external consultants to direct the implementation of Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance and plan the nature, timing and extent of SOX related documentation and testing procedures at the entity, process, transaction or application levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- CPA with Big 4 or national public accounting experience
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with Excel
- Client Service driven with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Experience with Great Plains
- Recent and relevant SEC experience
TO APPLY: Please send resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job description in the subject line.