The Salvation Army
New Haven Citadel Corps
Job Title: Corps Program Assistant
Supervisor/Department Head: Corps Commanding Officers
Non Exempt: 35 Hours/week (full time)
Job Summary: The Corps Program Assistant will team with the Corps Commanding Officers, Soldiers and corps staff to develop and build corps programs, strengthen the corps ability to grow members (soldiers) within the corps and aid the officers in the overall operation of the corps to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Salvation Army ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Corps Officers in assessment of community needs and evaluate corps ministry programs to ensure that they are addressing current needs.
- Responsible for encouraging and aiding in the spiritual development of youth and young adults at the corps.
- Supervise and coordinate Sunday Youth Activities including: Sunday School, Junior Soldiers, Corps Cadets & Junior Church.
- Coordinate weekly corps programs under the direction of the corps commanding officers.
- Assist with the recruitment, processing, assigning and supervision of volunteers to corps programs. This includes processing application for volunteers and their submission on to DHQ.
- Prepare and lead certain corps programs as assigned.
- Assist with coordinating transportation and driving for corps ministry programs.
- Support certain divisional youth functions and ministries as assigned.
- Responsible for recruitment of children to attend summer camp sessions at Camp Connri. This includes distribution and follow up with applications, correspondence with DHQ and the arrangement of transportation to and from camp.
- In the absences of the Corps Commanding Officers, responsible for the general oversight of daily corps ministry and activity.
- Conduct leadership/volunteer meetings with those relating to youth ministry programs.
- Assist with follow up and visitation
- Maintain statistical records and reports for all youth ministry programs.
- Assist corps officers and soldiers with the assimilation of corps social services families into Sunday worship and Christian education programs.
- Attend and participate in Corps worship and Evangelistic meetings
- Evaluate corps ministries and make recommendations as needed to Corps Commanding Officers.
- Assist with Salvation Army seasonal programs including, Christmas kettles, food distribution, Angel Tree program, Community Care ministries.
- Other duties as assigned
- Make certain that all Salvation Army owned/rented property and equipment is maintained and kept in good, safe, working order, seeing that work areas are kept neat, clear of clutter and clean.
- Meet regularly with Corps Commanding Officers to review status of youth ministry programs.
- Assist with the maintaining of good public relations within the greater New Haven community. Promote programs and provide and needed education on Salvation Army ministries and services.
- Responsible for the security of Salvation Army property and equipment making sure that buildings are properly locked and equipment stored under lock and key.
- Responsible for safety and well being of participants in program and will not leave minors unsupervised at any time.
- Maintain proper receipts and accounting procedures for any Salvation Army expenses as required by The Salvation Army accounting policies.
- Maintain proper statistics for all programs within area of ministry.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Keep regular office hours for program preparation as agreed upon with Corps Commanding Officers.
- Assist with receiving individuals and answering phones as necessary.
Starting Salary range : $25,000 - $28,000 with benefits
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Worship LeaderPilgrim Church
- Port Charlotte, Florida
- September 14
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.More...