Visual Arts Video Editor
Purpose of position:
Our church is seeking a full-time video editor who is passionate about storytelling and is interested in innovatively representing Jesus and our church. This employee will work under the supervision of our creative director. The position requires fast turn-around of short-form content including, but not limited to: sermon intro videos, short features, interviews, promos and some long-form stories.
Previous experience of 5+ years is preferred.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Macintosh Platform Proficiency
- Final Cut Studio Proficiency
- Photoshop for Video Proficiency
- After Effects Proficiency (preferred)
- Fast Editing Skills
- Producing and creating motion graphics, message openers/bumpers for use during services as well as video media for special events.
- Overseeing live format HD video recording systems, IMAG and ProPresentor software for weekend services as well as preparing video recordings for archive and for iPhone and other Web applications. (Some training provided).
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced large church environment with volunteers and support personnel.
- When called upon by the staff and approved by supervisor, employee should willingly perform such tasks which might not be considered part of the normal position description.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Understanding of Data Storage and Manipulation
- Understanding of Data Formats required for various media applications: Vimeo, Web Applications, Podcasts, iPhone, etc.
- Ability and willingness to accept and execute changes required by producer, Senior Pastor, & Executive Pastor
- Ability and willingness to be collaborative
Full Time Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Transferring, Editing, Rendering, and encoding Sunday sermon content, then posting to the website weekly in flash, audio podcast, and other mobile content versions.
- Creating motion graphics and graphical elements for video content, sermon intros, promos, bumpers, as well as for live broadcast applications.
- Managing data archives and ensuring that all raw footage and edited material is being stored properly –with adequate redundancy.
- Properly care for and maintain edit platform and update software regularly to ensure optimum speed and reliability.
Approximate Salary: To be determined based on the qualification and experience of the individual hired
Benefits to person:
- Positive Working Environment
- Health care, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision & Disability Insurance for individual only
- Paid time off
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
Uphold Biblical priorities in life, in the order outlined below:
- Growing personal relationship with Christ
- Relationship with spouse (if married)
- Relationship with children (if applicable)
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Financially support the works of the church
Other Personal Responsibilities:
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Victory (Matthew 25:21)
- Born Again and Spirit Filled Christian (John 3, Acts 13)
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of the church
- Serve at management level, which demonstrates a high degree
of loyalty to the senior pastor and ministry staff.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Willing to work through others and build a strong volunteer base, willing to embrace the doctrine, vision, and ministry of the church.
Those seeking to apply for this position can do so at: http://www.lifeatvictory.com/employment/
- Please note that the application will take some time as you will be asked to listen to a teaching on leadership.
- The application has 2 parts.
- Part 1 – Teaching
- Part 2 – Application and Questions
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church & Academy
- Everett, Washington
- September 29
Account Executive-Nashville, TNSalem Media Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 29
Associate Director for Hispanic ministry--Alpha in a Catholic contextAlpha USA
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 29
Website Editor- Washington, DCSalem Media Group
- Washington, District of Columbia
- September 27
Victory Family Church
We minister to the whole family, the whole person, and the whole community. We are committed to providing a safe and friendly church environment that encourages growth and victory in the Lord.
No matter what stage of life you are in, Victory has a place for you. We provide ministries for every aspect of families, including children, youth, and adults of every age. Our weekly services, events, and volunteer opportunities will allow you to get connected with people at Victory in a casual setting.More...