Reports to: President/CEO
Provides effective HR strategies and implementation of strategies to support the overall organizational objectives including employee recruitment, training and development, payroll, compensation, benefits, retention strategies, succession planning, team
development and effective communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of HR in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of HR and services performed.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures. Keep up to date on all legal issues affecting HR.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for all staff to include screening candidates, ensure references, background checks and testing are complete, rewrite job descriptions as necessary, conduct salary surveys, analyze compensation and perform exit interviews.
- Oversee the training and development of all employees to include new staff orientation and an ongoing calendar of training opportunities to meet the needs of the organization.
- Manages the bi-weekly processing of ministry payroll performed by the Payroll Specialist.
- Establish and maintain HR/Payroll records and reports.
- Thorough understanding of health insurance reform laws and regulations under the Affordable Care Act.
- Coordinate benefits program including the negotiation of insurance carrier contacts and the implementation of staff wellness programs to minimize benefit costs.
Education and Experience Requirements
- § A bachelor’s degree and minimum of five (5) years of broad based Human Resources experience.
- § A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- § Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- § Experience with payroll processing and negotiating insurance plans is a plus.
Director of Human Resources (Continued)
- Proven success in developing creative and strategic HR programs that work.
- Strong organizational communication skills – ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Strong process orientation – ability to establish and maintain needed process and structure within the department.
- Proven leadership and management skills – ability to work with senior level management.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
Items needed for possible employment
- Salary Requirements
- How you found out about this position
- Salvation testimony
- Creation belief statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
Please send, with cover letter, to: HR Department