This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 02/09/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
If you are familiar with the Christian Retail Industry, then you know the important role CBA plays. As the trade association for the Christian Retail Channel, CBA is serving the interests and meeting the needs of thousands of member Christian stores including independents, regional and national chains, church-owned stores, franchises, and marketing groups. These stores provide Bibles, Christian books, curriculum, apparel, music, videos, gifts, greeting cards, children's resources, and other materials to the many millions of consumers that are reached through this channel.
CBA is entering a new era of deploying broad industry solutions that require broad industry participation and is looking for a Sales Strategist who not only fully understands the nuances, challenges, and values of the Christian retail industry, but also can also sell vital solutions to members of the Christian retail industry that will dramatically improve their business. Candidates must possess a passion for Christian retailers and suppliers, along with prior experience in the CBA industry. In this newly created sales position, the role is to cast a vision to CBA’s customers for these solutions and help implement them in their businesses.
Imagine selling an intangible that has the potential to turn around your client’s business and perhaps even save their entire operations. CBA wants to pu s tactics and solutions far ahead into the 21st century and the person hired for this position will embrace the latest technologies and clearly communicate to the industry the value of these new technologies with the ultimate goal being industry-wide acceptance and implementation.
Passion, education, experience and excellent communication skills are a few of the vital qualifications of the sales strategist. In addition:
• Believe in the Christian retail industry and its ministry and business purposes
• Highly desire to see Christian retail thrive
• Can uphold Christian values and morals, and are comfortable working in an industry that does the same
• Are excited about the possibility of strategizing with customers on how these solutions can be used in their businesses
• Can probe the customer, synthesize their needs, and provide applicable solutions
• Are a self-starter and problem-solver who can catch a vision and sell the story
• Can communicate across all levels of a company – from the frontliner to the president
• Know how to negotiate contracts so that they are mutually beneficial to both parties
• Dream about creating and identifying new business opportunities
• Would rather communicate with customers than sit in silence all day
• Know how to blend sales skills with political savvy
• Possess a bachelors degree
… Then we want to talk with you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and submit your resume.
CBA website: www.cbaonline.org