This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ministry Portfolio Manger
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2009
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
J O B B R I E F
The Ministry Portfolio Manager creates, updates, maintains, and provides education and consulting on ministry-wide portfolio processes, governance, tools, and best practices. They function as a consultant to all ministry areas, and maintain ministry-wide portfolio processes and tools in close conjunction with the Global Project Office's project management methodologies. The Ministry Portfolio Manager is also an experienced and proven project and strategic program leader, able to effectively manage project/program change with recognized success throughout a mid-sized to large organization.
E S S E N T I A L J O B F U N C T I O N S
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; faithfully prays for and supports the ministry of Compassion; is an advocate for children and raises the awareness in addressing child poverty.
• In concert with the Global Project Office and project management methodology, leads the business portfolio development and management throughout Compassion.
• Provides high-level consulting to all areas of the business on portfolio development, management, and best practices, integrating portfolio processes, tools, and best practices with other areas of Global Strategy Office and Ministry Services so as to provide seamless and complimentary services.
• Provides expertise in investment, cost-benefit, ROI, risk management, project management, program management, and other business tools and processes relevant to managing portfolios.
• Effectively integrates portfolio management processes and tools with strategy alignment, enterprise business architecture, internal communications, financial management principles, and critical IT processes.
• Able to contribute value in a larger team of professional project managers, strategists, communications specialists, IT professionals, finance specialists, and executives in a synergistic manner.
F U N C T I O N A L J O B C O M P E T E N C I E S
• Successful track record as a project and/or strategic program manager
• Demonstrated skill in mentoring project and operations staff
• Consistently calm and resilient under pressure
• Capable of training and developing others
• Demonstrated understanding of change management principles and practices in a multicultural setting
• Experienced and effective communicator (verbal, written, presentations)
• Deep understanding of business concepts and drivers contributing to effective portfolio management
• Capable of quickly being a leading user of Compassion’s portfolio management software: Planview
J O B Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (any discipline). Formal training in project management and change management. Masters Degree in business, public administration, or a related discipline is preferred but not required.
• Experience: Minimum ten (10) years of business experience; minimum three (3) years managing projects and strategic programs.
• Certifications/Licensing: PMP certification or Stanford University Certified Project Management
• Other Required Skills: High level writing skills; experienced in MS Office, MSWord, MS Project, Excel, Team Services, PowerPoint.
W O R K I N G C O N D I T I O N S
List general working conditions for this position:
• Working Environment: Working Environment: Standard office environment
• Physical Demands: Normal
• Travel Requirements: 10 to 15% travel required (2 or 3 trips per year average
Copyright © 1997-2008. The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All rights reserved.